Windows 10 REMOVES Speccy on installation!

Blarney77

I have installed Win10 numerous times as part of the Insider program and for other reasons, but EVERY TIME it removes Speccy as software that is not compatible and will not run... BUT.. it IS Compatible and DOES run quite well!  So why is Microsoft saying it isn't??

I have posted several feedback articles about that with MS and they STILL remove it!  Heck, is that even LEGAL?   To remove software from MY computer as if they should be the final arbiter of what I should be running!

I'm a tech, I build, optimize, everything but program computers.  I have never seen any other OS do this before, and never with Windows 7 or earlier. (I rarely install 8 because it's that bad)  But Microsoft is infuriating me with this garbage that they should remove something THEY don't like!   Even my ANTI-VIRUS checks with me first before deleting!!   

I LOVE Speccy and use it often in diagnosing problems, I will always reinstall it when they remove it.  BUT, can we do something to stop this?

Thanks!

ADDITION! 7-5-16:   Just upgraded today to build 14379.rs1_release.160627-1607 and guess what?  Speccy is still uninstalled.  Ya know, it;s just Microsloth, they take forever to do ANYTHING!   While they complain about good programs like Speccy, they still include BAD programs like Edge, Groove, etc.!  I have been complaining about the SAME PROBLEMS with Groove for over a YEAR!  Still they can't get it fixed.  While I mostly love Windows 10 Pro, their other apps are terrible.  They have quite the nerve to complain about Piriform's software when they cant make their own work.  ;-)  

Meanwhile..... Where is Speccy for LINUX!??!    :-)

• Moderators

This is windows fault not piriform's. It is an issue plaguing many developers' software, not just hardware specs but vpns and others too.

Edit more:

I re-read your post and you seem to understand my reasoning quite well already, so I decided to expand my answer a little more.

Think of it like the warnings in American pharmaceutical advertisements. Even if a drug does not actually cause some of the side effects, they must be announced because one or more subjects in clinical tests reported said side effect.

Similarly, because of the Windows insider program, some applications pop-up with difficulties; especially during upgrades and "big updates" (aka service packs ;) ). With speccy, it was the embedded CPU-Z headless app in the 64bit speccy that set off alarms. CPU-Z (gui) was also pulled as were, as I said, a couple of VPN applications.

Why they have yet to un-blacklist or cease pulling it off computers (seemingly at random and only installed versions) and why they don't inform users that the program is in windows.old and provide an easy GUI way of restoring and whitelisting applications is, as I said, in the hands of Microsoft.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I added Speccy to my WIN10 Home 64 version, and have not had any issues with it.  I wanted to commend Speccy on showing me what was in the operating system

that I needed to delete, a malware item.  It is showing programs there though that were deleted,already and I wonder how to delete those?

Thanks, Chef

• 1 month later...

This is not just for Insider Preview builds, but occurs every time a new public build is installed. I have had to reinstall Speccy four times already this year. I have Windows 10 Pro, and I keep waiting for them to create a Group Policy to change this behavior but so far it hasn't happened. It's super annoying. Speccy runs perfectly, so Microsoft needs to whitelist it. Have the devs made inquiries about this?