Confirmation on actions which indirectly clear scan results

cm327

After completion a long running deep scan (~2 hours), I attempted to change the View mode from 'Thumbnail' to 'List' view, and accidentally clicked the 'Run Wizard..' button, sited around 15px below the view options.

The side effect of this click was to have instantaneously discarded the deep scan results.

I think it is likely that other users would make this same mistake - I had implicitly expected the program to treat scan results as valuable data.

Would it be possible to ask the user for confirmation before an action which would result in clearing scan results?

• Moderators

I'd never actually noticed that, I just right click within the results panel and select View Mode. The Run Wizard's button placing is arcane, to say the least. If you use the Wizard then you can't rescan without going into Advanced Mode and selecting Options. Crazy.

• Moderators

Perhaps they'll move the button placement after reading this.

The Run Wizard's button placing is arcane, to say the least. If you use the Wizard then you can't rescan without going into Advanced Mode and selecting Options. Crazy.

I complained about that years ago, and nothing was done. I always use the Wizard, so when wanting to re-use it again and then having to go into Advanced Mode is more than crazy it's completely frustrating and some expletives. It's not quick, ideal, or user friendly. It's quicker to just place a keyboard shortcut key in the Recuva shortcut, then exit Recuva, then hit CTRL+ALT+R to load the program again instead of fiddling with a sub-section just to run the Wizard again.