Recuva red dot with the reason: invalid cluster destiny

DescRo

Hey all,

I am from the Netherlands and Recuva works best for me. Lot of files had green dot and are recoverd but the most recent files before my portable drive went fron 300GB to 32GB, have a red dot and can't be restored.

It says as reason: Ongeldig clusterbereik (invalid cluster destiny)

Is there something that I can do to resceu those files? Recuva shows me the exact names, how big the files are, when last modified but I cant restore. Is there any hope?

• Moderators

Without knowing all the details, it looks as if the cluster addresses have been modified on deletion by NTFS, which can happen if the files are highly fragmented.

If the drive has gone from 300 gb to 32 gb, can you reset it to 300gb, possibly with Partition Magic? You may have better luck then.

Without knowing all the details, it looks as if the cluster addresses have been modified on deletion by NTFS, which can happen if the files are highly fragmented.

If the drive has gone from 300 gb to 32 gb, can you reset it to 300gb, possibly with Partition Magic? You may have better luck then.

I don't know what exactly happend but the one moment everything was fine (NTFS) en the other day de portable drive became a 32GB Fat32 disk and all the other space became unallocated.

I then have modified the structure of the 32GB (did'nt touch the unallocated space) eith MSDos without formatting... soo the drive became a NTFS (hoped that that would give 5he other space back).

Is it possible to reset from 32gb to 300 gb without losing the data or formatting? The data is there, a lot restored but only those important files give a red dot with the reason invalid cluster destiny (not deleted or overwritten).

Do you think that there is a chance?

• Moderators

is it ssd or hard drive?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I think indeed because of fragmentation it is a difficult case. The files are daily updated .xlsx files and 1 .rar archieve.

Is there any chance to succeed this with a different aproach? Or do you consider it as my loss