CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PiriformQuestion199

Why is a "Malicious Website Blocked" error returned when downloading CCleaner from FileHippo?

Hello,

On multiple occasions (including just now), I downloaded the free version of CCleaner from FileHippo and received a 'Malicious Website Blocked' error returned immediately after clicking on the green "Download" button at the bottom of the "CCleaner Free" column using the following URL: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?upgrade.

I believe it's being flagged/blocked by MalwareBytes (current version on my pc is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.0.1024, which was last updated on 02/21/16)

I would like to continue updating CCleaner, but it makes me nervous when i repeatedly receive these messages immediately after being auto directed to the FileHippo website.

Do you know anything about this?  Is this a faulty message flag somehow?

Thanks in advance for your reply/explanation.  

perhaps advertisement...

Or perhaps download site wrapped, click baiting via a devious "download" button, etc., or the site is compromised.

If you go to the piriform download page here: (which is where the upgrade notification in CCleaner Free links to).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?upgrade

and click on the download button for the Free version it takes you straight to Filehippo to make the download.