ccleaner does not remove traces of macrium?

I see in multiple postings that people are having an impossible time to truly remove Macrium after it is installed.  Even suggestions to reinstall and then uninstall fail.

Under System -> Notifications & actions, I see Macrium Reflect .. set to off, but this started my examination of my Thinkpad Carbon X1 Touch Windows 10 Pro x64 PC.  I had briefly tried, and uninstalled, Free Macrium almost a year ago, and I recall that it had set up sort of a dual boot on the startup screen.  I think it is still there, and as far as I am concerned it is software getting older and riper for trouble later.  I cannot find any traces of Macrium on my PC, e.g., using my locate under Cygwin running as Administrator.

I went into the Registry with regedit and removed one macrium folder, but two others could not be removed, even after a reboot.  I also ran CCleaner, but it did nothing.

• Moderators

I think it is only the paid version of Macrium which offers the ability to go to the Macrium recovery area at boot.

What do you mean ''you think it is still there''?

If you are having difficulties uninstalling Macrium leftovers it may be better to contact them directly.

Also you say you installed Macrium about a year ago on Win 10. Win 10 wasn't released at that time unfortunately.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Also you say you installed Macrium about a year ago on Win 10. Win 10 wasn't released at that time unfortunately.

Could be the insider fast ring for the public (not developers)?

That ring was launched on October 21, 2014, with Win 10 insider build 9860.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043