CCleaner v1.28 is Released

MrG

I would pay if it had no tool bar :)

But it will be Ironic if its supposed to clean what it will most likely install

Open your wallet or STFU. You people make me sick with your god given right to toolbar free software whining crap. Write your own software, or pay for some or untick one box during the install. Some users seem to have nothing better to do than hang around a free software forum lobbing veiled insults at the software producers and then praising the developers with each new release.

Why are the users even here ? Just download the free software and go away. Look at the d/l count and look at the complaint count. These posters are not representive of the user base and have found an easy axe to grind. They criticise the software company all day who cannot defend themselves without revealing confidential financial information to an anonymous poster on their forums. It's the develoeprs choice to incluide a toolbar. The same way it is a user's choice to install the toolbar or not. And don't give me that "I can't fit it on a floppy" baloney. When you can fit Windows on a floppy, your nitpicking point may have merit .

I had a quick scan of the content of the big posters here. One of the few users that contributes is the afro hair avatar dude. The majority of the rest should go and find a chat room for disgruntled freeware users for all the help you do.

To the developers, Thanks for CCleaner! It does a great job on my systems. I feel bad these unappreciative users have hijacked your forums. Keep up the good work

First of Oichi take a chill pill or something because you seem very stressed. The "afro hair avatar dude" is lokoike and yes he does post a lot and yes a lot of it is helpful, however i think you will find a lot of us were posting help long before he was here which is why we have high post counts.

Saying we have hijacked the forums is ridiculous we live in a democracy(i don't know about you) of which the same rules apply online if we wish to voice are opinions on the inclusion of a toolbar. Guess what we shall do so, all the points we make are completely and utterly valid if you don't agree with them then don't enter the discussion about the subject. Maybe you should find a pro toolbar forum rather then moan at us moaning at the inclusion of a toolbar.

• Moderators

First of Oichi take a chill pill or something because you seem very stressed. The "afro hair avatar dude" is lokoike and yes he does post a lot and yes a lot of it is helpful, however i think you will find a lot of us were posting help long before he was here which is why we have high post counts.

Saying we have hijacked the forums is ridiculous we live in a democracy(i don't know about you) of which the same rules apply online if we wish to voice are opinions on the inclusion of a toolbar. Guess what we shall do so, all the points we make are completed and utterly valid if you don't agree with them then don't enter the discussion about the subject. Maybe you should find a pro toolbar forum rather then moan at us moaning at the inclusion of a toolbar.

Agreed!

To hell with toolbars, and to hell with people who are obviously only joining the forum to start s**t.

One of the few users that contributes is the afro hair avatar dude. The majority of the rest should go and find a chat room for disgruntled freeware users for all the help you do.

Well, Oichi, I very much appreciate the complement, but I can by no means take all of the credit for the helpful posts here! There are dozens of excellent, intelligent members on this forum who are more than willing to help others out.

Andavari, krit86lr, Mike Rochip, AnyManchesta, rridgely, DjLizard, Glenn, englishmen... the list goes on! So I agree that we all need to calm down, and we all need to quit complaining about that stupid toolbar (myself included) because MrG has apparently made up his mind on how he wants this product to be. I will still give my suggestions (whether or not they are about the toolbar) when I feel they are relevant, but like everyone else has said, this toolbar discussion really hasn't gone anywhere, other than a few helpful suggestions given that may or may not go into effect in the future.

Good day to all. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

:huh: Don't know why you care to bother. Why answer an abusing poster that seems to be entirely missing the point. Just ingnore him.

Works of wisdom that I shall remember for future reference!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I bear no malice to Mr. G for adding the toolbar. I can still download the versions without the toolbar. I have saved the install for future use if the toolbar only version becomes the only option. If I have to pay for a toolbar free version I will. Or will look for other freeware that offers the same level of excellence that I have become used to with this FREE application.

Peace out all. :)

RE

QUOTE(Oichi @ Apr 1 2006, 04:44 AM)

"Open your wallet or STFU. You people make me sick with your god given right to toolbar free software "

Looks Like God has given us right's to Toolbar free software :)

Well it is freeware software full stop!!.And you sound like a greedy Marketeer who has his own interest at heart..you seen the d/load numbers and are Zooming in.

.My Point was I would rather pay for it than have a tool bar installed!!!

Its up to the DEV if he wants to charge or not.....If they want to use advertisng Via toolbars to make some $ and its a cleaning program...pointless aint it?

CCleaner is a great program I guess they should just charge for it I would just pay...The Dev Direct..

.I dont know im just ramblin on :)