CCleaner v1.28 is Released

MrG

Yer thanks for the update, i would like to know tho why the long wait tho, i know nothing about programming but i would assume the toolbar and additional languages are added after the program is finished. Yet the version with all the languages and the toolbar gets released first.

Yer thanks for the update, i would like to know tho why the long wait tho, i know nothing about programming but i would assume the toolbar and additional languages are added after the program is finished. Yet the version with all the languages and the toolbar gets released first.

I've made InnoSetup installs before, and it's not hard at all to make other versions of an installer. It takes minutes, not days. ;)

• Moderators

Let us make a deal here: we only download and install a new version of CCleaner if it does not contain bloatware. And we tell this intention to all our friends and acquintances.

I was already doing that since it started included the toolbar. Funny thing is the basic and slim installer combined weigh in as a smaller download together versus the one with the toolbar. I'm just glad and fortunate that there's versions still available that will fit onto one floppy disk without me having to split the installer into two halves.

Let us make a deal here: we only download and install a new version of CCleaner if it does not contain bloatware. And we tell this intention to all our friends and acquintances.

:wacko:

I rather have the newest version installed as soon as it is available without having to wait for any custom builds.

I was already doing that since it started included the toolbar. Funny thing is the basic and slim installer combined weigh in as a smaller download together versus the one with the toolbar. I'm just glad and fortunate that there's versions still available that will fit onto one floppy disk without me having to split the installer into two halves.

The "standard" version (1.37MB) still fits nicely on a floppy disk.

Still comes bundled with crap.

It's "crap" no-one forces you or anyone to install. Macromedia Shockwave comes bundled with the same, and nobody over there complains!

Nothing constructive comes out of this - I am going to stay away from this forum and you querulous bunch :angry:

It's "crap" no-one forces you or anyone to install. Macromedia Shockwave comes bundled with the same, and nobody over there complains!

Nothing constructive comes out of this - I am going to stay away from this forum and you querulous bunch :angry:

Last time i checked m8 America and the UK were democracies and continue to be, and as long as they are we shall moan however valid or not point is till our heart content. If you are not interested in the same discussion then simply don't get involved.

Side note - - - from versions d/l page there:

http://ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

Only full 128 version downloads now .. the first one..

If click on other 2:

CCleaner v1.28.277 - Basic

and

CCleaner v1.28.277 - Slim ...

in both cases - 127 file(s) is given...

Maybe MrG .. didn't update / uplink 128 file(s) there yet..

But in any case - those 2 mentioned above - have to be updated with 128 as i speak ;)

Thanks

All files are really v. 128 there now - Full, Basic and Slim ;)

• Moderators

I rather have the newest version installed as soon as it is available without having to wait for any custom builds.

The "standard" version (1.37MB) still fits nicely on a floppy disk.

Well the download page states its 1.40 MB.

Well the download page states its 1.40 MB.

Size: 1,442,232 bytes

Size on disk: 1,445,888 bytes

So yeah, pwillener, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't fit on a floppy. I haven't tried it yet, but if it did fit, it would be just barely.

Also, if you are using a 720k floppy, which many people still do, the Standard Build most certainly wouldn't fit, while the Slim and Basic versions would rest comfortably on both types of floppies, with plenty of room to spare.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

The last time I checked a 1.44 MB floppy only actually holds 1.34 MB or thereabouts, due to the filesystem on the floppy. Anyways it isn't all that important playing this game of "it will," "it won't".

The last time I checked a 1.44 MB floppy only actually holds 1.34 MB or thereabouts, due to the filesystem on the floppy. Anyways it isn't all that important playing this game of "it will," "it won't".

I wasn't trying to be argumentative or play the "I'm right, you're wrong" game, and I don't feel that my statement conveyed that. I simply wanted to correct the inconsistency.

You (Andavari) said it wouldn't fit, pwillener said you were wrong, so I let him and everyone else know that, in fact, it really wouldn't fit on either a 720k or a 1440k floppy. I didn't want users to be under the false impression that they can transfer the CCleaner Standard Build installer via floppy, and then be disappointed or confused later on when they find that they can't.

So, for future reference, CCleaner v1.28 Standard Build does not fit on a 720-1440k floppy disk. The Slim and Basic versions do. Hopefully, this will remedy any confusion.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Last time i checked m8 America and the UK were democracies and continue to be, and as long as they are we shall moan however valid or not point is till our heart content. If you are not interested in the same discussion then simply don't get involved.

Democracies! So your definition is that five or six individuals, claiming to be the "vast majority" of Ccleaner users, hijack practically every topic in this private forum and continuously whine and complain about something that doesn't even affect them in any way, except that the product takes a few milliseconds longer to download, and takes a few sectors on their harddisk. Ridiculous!

How about a constitutional and god-given right to toolbar-free software...?

Democracies! So your definition is that five or six individuals, claiming to be the "vast majority" of Ccleaner users, hijack practically every topic in this private forum and continuously whine and complain about something that doesn't even affect them in any way, except that the product takes a few milliseconds longer to download, and takes a few sectors on their harddisk. Ridiculous!

How about a constitutional and god-given right to toolbar-free software...?

I'm guessing you decided to stay then.

I think you will find the vast majority of people do despise the toolbar, some may download the version with the toolbar but the vast majority do not install it. Its also not necessarily about how long and easy it is to download and install it without the toolbar. Its also about the below and the fact that a program that is designed to remove crap from your PC should come bundled with crap even if it only "takes a few milliseconds longer to download, and takes a few sectors on their harddisk".

The fuss is about a toolbar that no one

1* Likes

2* Actually installes

3* The toolbar still being present even tho the users that have been around Ccleaner since the start, helping promote it etc, have clearly stated we don't like it and don't want it. Even if there is non toolbar version available.

4* Holding the slim and basic version back for one reason or another so the downloads of the toolbar version increase.

5* Not making it more obvious there are other non toolbar version available via the Ccleaner homepage or even publishing the other version on fileforum etc.

6* Filehippo which is run by MrG or at least people of whom he works closely with, not having a warning of the presence of the toolbar in the version filehippo list. This is despite other programs which filehippo list having toolbars and having the below warning.

7* I don't like toolbars.

That m8 is what the fuss is about.

I see - for the makers of Ccleaner - an easy solution for the whole "problem", and perhaps an end to this whole discussion. Make two versions of Ccleaner

1. Ccleaner Pro - a licensed version that can be downloaded first by paying users, and does not contain any additional "goodies" such as a toolbar.
  2. Ccleaner - the free version that comes bundled with whatever optional tools.

I see - for the makers of Ccleaner - an easy solution for the whole "problem", and perhaps an end to this whole discussion. Make two versions of Ccleaner

1. Ccleaner Pro - a licensed version that can be downloaded first by paying users, and does not contain any additional "goodies" such as a toolbar.
  2. Ccleaner - the free version that comes bundled with whatever optional tools.

Excellent idea!

what about it MrG

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

haha.... :D I PMd MrG a few days ago with a similar idea, and I think that this idea may be better. I'm glad that others are thinking the same. We should add this to the suggestion thread.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)