Netscape 8.1 browser won't add to "Applications" list!

Hi! I don't know whether I'm in the right Forum or not, as I have no idea whether my problem is a "bug"--or even a "problem" at all! In any event, my possible problem is this: Whenever I added a new browser to my system in the past, CCleaner also added it to the Cleaner's "Applications" list. Therefore, prior to today, my CCleaner had both Firefox (my default browser) and Opera listed under "Applications" for cleaning purposes, and still does. However, I just today added the Netscape 8.1 browser (which, by the way, I don't think I'm going to like), and--for some reason--this new browser did NOT get added into the "Applications" list! DO I have a "problem" or a "bug"--or doesn't CCleaner even support/clean Netscape's browser? Thanks! :D

Netscape Navigator 4.x is cleaned, but there's no newer versions listed in winapp.ini.

If you switch to Mozilla Suite CCleaner will offer to cleanse it. Mozilla is what Netscape is based upon.

Thanks, Andavari! I'm somewhat of a computer novice, so I don't really know what winapp.ini is, but it really doesn't really matter, since I decided that Netscape 8.1 was so full of unneeded (by me) "bells and whistles" that I removed it from my system. By the same token, Mozilla Suite also seems to be more than I need or want. I guess I'll just stick with Firefox (with Opera as a backup)--even though 1.5.0.1 is a bit "buggy".

• Moderators

I don't really know what winapp.ini is

It's CCleaner's application cleaning routine file:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winapp.ini

The suite browsers Mozilla and Netscape are useful on systems where allot of people use one computer to have multiple browser user profiles versus multiple Windows user profiles.

The reason I mostly use Mozilla Suite is because of the built-in Composer which can create webpages in a flash without messing with HTML in Notepad, etc.

If you're a single user and other people aren't constantly on your system Firefox or Opera are good choices as they aren't bloated in anyway or come with unnecessary bits that you may never actually use.

P.S.

You state you're a novice, but please give yourself much more credit - you're smart in not wanting to use Internet Explorer.