"Cookies to Keep" omits several cookies

GameKing

I have several cookies that I MUST keep, so I went to the Options button and the Cookies option. It listed several "Cookies to delete" which can be transferred to the "Cookies to Keep" column. However, most of the cookies that I need to keep are NOT listed!

Thinking that CCleaner was unable to see all my cookies I went to the Cleaner button, checked the Cookies box and pressed Analyze. Sure enough all my cookies are there.

This means that if I Run Cleaner I will delete all of the cookies that I want to keep--and yet will not allow me to protect them from deletion.

Hi GameKing and welcome. :)

What browser, and which version of CCleaner are you using?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I have observed that, sometimes, cookies that existed but hadn't been selected to keep before the most recent install/update of CCleaner don't seem to show in the left hand column.

I have made them appear by deleting the existing cookie and going to the website to create a fresh one. Once selected to the right hand column, they seem be "remembered" during updates

Hi GameKing and welcome. :)

What browser, and which version of CCleaner are you using?

I am using IE 6 and CCleaner 1.27.260

I have observed that, sometimes, cookies that existed but hadn't been selected to keep before the most recent install/update of CCleaner don't seem to show in the left hand column.

I have made them appear by deleting the existing cookie and going to the website to create a fresh one. Once selected to the right hand column, they seem be "remembered" during updates

You may be right on the button here. All of these cookies predated my CCleaner installation. However, it seems strange that this app would require that ALL my old cookies be deleted? I have one that tracks all the mutual funds that I follow and it would be a pain to have to redo all of that.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I went to "options" and selected all the cookies I wanted to keep; then ran the cookie cleaner and all the ones I wanted to save popped up to be deleted with no way to save them!!

I am using Ver1.28.277 with IE 7 Beta 2