Deleted Live Mail Folders

FettD

I received a notice from Microsoft relating to Windows Live Mail requiring an update to continue to function properly, with a recommendation to start using the Mail that came with my new pc (Outlook), so I decided to try it.  I added my e-mail account to the program.  There were still a couple of other e-mail addresses that I needed to add, so I continued to use Live Mail in the interim.

About a day later, I noticed that some of my Live Mail folders  were missing.  With advice from a Microsoft rep in one of their forums, I decided to re-add the e-mail account, and was just about to remove the old one when I noticed that two of my folders were missing.  While trying to figure out what happened to them, I then noticed that every time I launched either the Outlook or the Live Mail, it would sync and delete more folders.  I have now lost all of my personal folders.

I contacted Microsoft and spoke with a rep for quite a while -- using remote assist, he started looking around my pc Live Mail and Outlook, but apparently could not help me.  He advised me to contact the chat line and ask someone to call me to explain the situation and provide them with my case no.  He mentioned that I may have to perform a system restore to the day before I noticed the deletions, and that this will put my pc back to exactly how it was before I noticed the problems.  However, he did not know if the Live Mail folders would be part of the restore or not.

Does anyone know if this will work?  Can Recuva actually recover my deleted folders?

Any help would be appreciated.

Debra

• Moderators

You can give it a try.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva/advanced-mode/recovering-deleted-emails

Surprised Microsoft did not know where to look.

Hopefully you're not just posting this as part of a set up to get someone to recommend another 3rd party software :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hazelnut,

I am not sure what you are talking about recommending another 3rd party software -- I want to know if Recuva will work (found it in a Google search).  Don't want to lose any further data!

Microsoft did know where to look, however, when they remotely worked on my pc, they could not find the files (apparently, they were not where they were supposed to be).  I am not computer savvy, so I am just trying to figure out how to recover my folder (or at least the files).  I have since found another forum that showed me how to search kind:E-mail and it looks like there are over 90K emails in my pc (I assume).  The only issue is that there is no way to search for a specific e-mail, i.e. by recipient name, etc. I have been going through them one by one -- it will take forever this way, but I do not know what else to do!

Did not expect a request for information to be construed as "a set up"... my experience with forums is that they are a community for open discussion and support!

• Moderators

We often get posts on forum saying things like 'I deleted a dbx/database/excel file etc. etc., how do I get it back''?

Then his 'partner' comes along with a paid suggestion.

So I was just being careful. :)

So you have all your emails back now, the issue that you still have is searching for a specific one?

This may be why if you use Win 7 64bit. However it does seem to be a common problem with a specific seach for Live emails

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/969165

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com