Network Media Player - MXIII

Tasgandy

Well the time had to come when I needed to replace my WD HDTV Live network media player as it was approaching some 8 years of age. Whilst still working but for some reason it kept loosing it's IP address even when set to static, DHCP seemed to to work occaisionally and whilst I ended up with a time consuming "work-around" I thought Tas why not "shout one's self a belated Christmas present...............so I did. Here are some of the spec's of my replacement unit, the MXIII, for those interested in my purchase.

MXIII - G TV Box Android 5.1 1000M LAN -  AU (2GB+ 8GB)  Black (images attached) 5066205

4K x 2K H.265 Decoding 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth HDMI Quad Core Amlogic S812

Specifications

General

Type: TV Box 
Model: MXIII-G 
Color: Black 
System: Android 5.1 
GPU: Mali-450 
CPU: Amlogic S812 
Core: Quad Core 
RAM: 2G 
ROM: 8G 
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G

Media Supported

Decoder Format: H.265 
Video Format: AVI, DAT, WMV, MPG, MKV, MPEG, MOV, MP4, RM 
Audio Format: AAC, OGG, FLAC, RM, MP3, WMA 
Photo Format: GIF, PNG, JPG, BMP

Specification

Support XBMC: Yes 
Support 5G WiFi: Yes 
WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 
Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0 
Power Supply: Charge Adapter 
Interface: RJ45, TF Card, SPDIF, USB2.0, OTG, HDMI, AV

Dimension and Weight

Product Weight: 0.201 kg 
Package Weight: 0.537 kg 
Product Size (L x W x H): 11.4 x 11.4 x 2.0 cm / 4.48 x 4.48 x 0.79 inches 
Package Size (L x W x H): 20.5 x 15.5 x 5 cm / 8.06 x 6.09 x 1.97 inches

Package Contents

Package Contents: 1 x MXIII-G TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x IR Remote Control, 1 x OTG Cable, 1 x English Manual

This unit ended up costing me costing me $84.53 Freight free at the time of ordering, some sort of special I suppose.(AUD) the advertised price in US dollars was S59.85 plus Frt.

Other than it works very well, easy to set up on my network, access my Movie, Music & image library on both Win 7 and Win 10 PC's, it interfaces well with the Samsung network TV and I love the XBMC - Kodi media player SW that ships with the unit. Handy for those like me that use Android smart phone and Android Tablet (Nexus 7). the MXII and my Moto 4G both use Android 5.1 where my Nexus 7 uses Android 6.0 - all very similar - so it was a very short learning curve.  

If your into this type of media player, this "tiny" unit is worth a look. Here is the link to the supplier I used, hope this is OK. I've never used them before and all went well, only took 5 days shipped from China.

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_230336.html

A couple of images attached also. Sould anyone require more detailed information I would be happy to oblige.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"