Starting Virus Scan on Clients

Hello,

I am using CCleaner Cloud to manage my PC, my Laptop and the Laptop of my wife.

It is very useful that I can manage all 3 computers with one browser.

I do a regular Virus scan of my complete system every 2 weeks.

I know that this is a bit "paranoia" but I saw too many friends loosing data because of Viruses and Trojans.

So the virus scan is running in the background (when we have lunch).

It now would be cool to start the virus scan on 3 computers from one browser.

This also can be scheduled.

You already know what applications I have installed, so you also know the Virus Scanner.

So you know how to start the scan and how to start the update of virus definitions.

I have Norton Security and here are the command line parameters:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v8278351_ns_retail_en_us?q=command

When I can start the virus scan from CCleaner Cloud and schedule it then this would really help me a lot!

Greetings

OLLI

• Moderators

I wonder if they implemented such a feature if it wouldn't be breaking the license of Norton (or whoever else's antivirus software) since they Norton in this case will likely have a purchasable version capable of scanning all your PCs on a network.

I wonder if they implemented such a feature if it wouldn't be breaking the license of Norton (or whoever else's antivirus software) since they Norton in this case will likely have a purchasable version capable of scanning all your PCs on a network.

I really don't know if they would get any problems.

But such a feature where the user just selects to start a virus scan and CCleaner Cloud automatically starts the scan (without having the user to enter any command line syntax) would be very user friendly (good user experience, good usability).

If this is not possible then it would be cool to run any application in CCleaner Cloud and also to Schedule it.

So I can define a task called "Virus Scan" and enter the command line manually.

This has the advantage that also other tasks can be started automatically, like Backups.

Greetings

OLLI

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

today I found the solution how to start the "LiveUpdate" and the "Full system scan" in Norton.

So my suggestion for CCleaner Cloud is: allow to run multiple commands (many command lines in one job) via CCleaner Cloud.

OLLI