Windows 7 Serious Problems Warning

login123

• Moderators

w3schools website has similar stats for Win10, but has XP at 2%

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

I think they base their figures on interrogating the browsers used on the web and finding the OS from that.

Win7 seems to be going strong still.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I can say for sure that win xp works better and faster that win 7 on the same new hardware. And by golly, its safe, too. 

Just got a 2 TB Seagate USB 3.0/2.0 hard disk (not SSD) today for my mothers laptop so I can easily do backups primarily with Macrium Reflect. I was surprised my WinXP Pro SP3 system could even use it, so I backed up a ton of my stuff. From what I've read and been told XP shouldn't even support it (even the box it came it stated Windows 7, 8, 10), but go figure it works flawless in XP with the disk capacity even being reported correctly, hell I can even defrag it.

---------

My mothers Win10 Dell laptop that she bought new in Nov 2015 in my opinion is stupid slow and I'd never imagine something so new being so frustratingly slow, and she bought the fastest processor Dell had available and some other "upgrades." It literally has to be running for a full 5 minutes before I consider it actually usable when it stops acting like an old clunker, and it does that even after being defragmented with Windows Defrag which seemly needs a million passes (exaggeration it's more like 7-9 passes I think) to completely defrag the drive with damn near nothing on it other than the huge OS install with a very small handful of programs. She's even commented on it being slower than hell numerous times, and wanted to know why all the graphics drivers crashes popping up on screen when my old XP computer has none of those issues. At least yesterday Dell patched the graphics drivers for her to stop the constant crashing to a black screen.

With Avira Free Antivirus installed on my old WinXP (the only bottleneck on the computer) it's about a 2 1/2 minute wait for usability - much less time if using Panda Free Antivirus (but it's so buggy at this time I won't use it).

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

Andavari is your Mom's machine a Dell win 10 install, or did you do a clean Win 10 install on it?

If it's the Dell one I would do a clean 10 install on it (it's easy) and you will see a big difference in speed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com