can't uninstall IE7 beta 2

any other solution aside from system restore? i did not know IE7 beta 2 is hotfix.

Hello and Welcome!

Take a look through that thread again that hazelnut gave you.

Two more options aside from system restore. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

how can i repair installation?

im also trying xplite...

The XPlite seems to be the best option in my opinion. A repair installation takes a little bit of work. If the XPlite doesn't work for some reason, let me know and I'll give instructions for a repair install as a last resort. ;)

Keep us posted! :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

The XPlite seems to be the best option in my opinion. A repair installation takes a little bit of work. If the XPlite doesn't work for some reason, let me know and I'll give instructions for a repair install as a last resort. ;)

Keep us posted! :D

i tried it but still no success, im really hopeless.. i should've not ignore the warning.

now i can't update my IE.

but anyway thanks helping me krit86lr and hazelnut.. :blink:

• Moderators

I'll try to figure out why it's being buggy

"Possibly" mixed core files, meaning the .dll files and whatever else it installed.

My motto is don't mess around with IE if you don't want to end up reinstalling Windows. That's the main reason I'm waiting for IE7 to be officially released as a final product versus a beta, I don't want to risk a reinstall.

"Possibly" mixed core files, meaning the .dll files and whatever else it installed.

My motto is don't mess around with IE if you don't want to end up reinstalling Windows. That's the main reason I'm waiting for IE7 to be officially released as a final product versus a beta, I don't want to risk a reinstall.

:lol: Me too, really. I guess that I wanted a new project. I have a copy of the IE7 uninstaller for backup just in case I can't figure it out. ;)

I will see if manually deleting the IE7 core files works. Right now I have IE7 again (another project) so I'll have to test that later.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Sounds dangerous!

What sounds dangerous? You are confusing me.

Revert back to IE6, and then manually delete any IE7 dlls that may be laying around. Why is that dangerous? Please explain before I do it. AND it was your suggestion. <_<

• Moderators

Revert back to IE6, and then manually delete any IE7 dlls that may be laying around. Why is that dangerous? Please explain before I do it. AND it was your suggestion. <_<

I forgot about the revert back to IE6 part which would make IE7 just a left over unused remnant. Sorry for the confusion!

Edit:

...and to make sure you are only dealing with IE7 it may be a good ideal to download Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version) just to make sure you're only removing IE7 leftovers, although that would mean reinstalling IE7 so that Total Uninstall could watch/track the installation.

Hi everybody! Well U have a really big big problem... I use the HotFix uninstall opcion,,, them I try to uninstall IE7 because I dont like somo bugs... and now when I try to open IE6... IE6 doent works... I try Total Uninstall but... IE6 doesnt works... Im so afraid because now i cant use any IE... for last I try to install IE7 but gives me an error... if someone can help me i will be very pleasure.

P.D: Sorry for my horrible english...