CCleaner is closing my tabs on Firefox

BigMart

I have been running CCleaner (free version) for a number of years without problems.  Some months ago I upgraded to the pro version and when I close my browser (Firefox) it is supposed to save tabs for the next time I open it up again.  This has been happening until recently.   Now when CCleaner clears my browser it also clears the tab settings (it never used to).

Has something changed with the product ?   I have now reset it not to automatically clean my browser on closing, thus preserving my tabs.   Is there anything else I can do?

I am running Win XP with SP3.

• Moderators

CCleaner will clean all firefox (and other browser) saved information unless you tell it not to.

Lets face it that is the whole point.

If you have sites that you visit/use regularly and want to keep their settings than you should make them an exception in CC.

Go to Options > Cookies and move the ones you want to the 'Cookies to keep' list.

That way CC will leave them alone. See the image below.

You also have to watch for changes to the way that the browser clears itself when you close it, but that's down to the browser settings itself not CC.

post-73689-0-60489000-1450644748_thumb.jpg

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I believe the checkbox named "Mozilla - Session" is the one causing your issue.

Go to the second tab in ccleaner's cleaning section and uncheck this entry then surf some, close firefox with the tab open and clean only the firefox section (right click the firefox header in ccleaner and choose clean)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com