Support for some versions of .Net Framework ending

hazelnut

• Moderators

Yes I know .Net is a subject we all love  :lol:  but it may be worth having a read here at the changes that will happen in a couple of months.

In particular the posters comments underneath the article give clarity and some further understanding to this.

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/12/10/microsoft-ends-support-for-net-framework-4-4-5-and-4-5-1/?_m=3n.0038.1794.zd0ao07qk6.1v76

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I loathe it!

Like the one guy in the comments stated, I also wouldn't have it installed if it weren't for a couple of programs that require it - and I have completely removed it before since it went corrupt on my system and reinstalled it clean which was better than the "recommended instructions" of formatting Windows.

• Moderators
Not being a techie myself I have no idea why .NET was needed. Just seemed like a way to hide a lot of bloat.

it allows programs which are written in .net to not have to bundle the entire library in themselves basically the same as the MS visual C (but different languages). I believe the .net language also allows the programs to better interact with windows itself.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

That's the point. I think the whole idea of .NET was to bury the unknown bulk of other necessary Windows programs (other than MS visual C, and anything else related) (more about telemetry, telephony, GPS, etc.) into an un-assumed 3rd-party-esque non-app. The bulk of the population didn't know what it was for. They didn't need to know. It worked, but nobody (like me) knew what it was for.

But then again, it's almost Christmas. And Merry Christmas to Nergal because you have the fantastic Grinch as your avatar. :lol:

• 8 months later...

oah - i have only 4.5.1 installed and no updates since a few months or so B) upgrade to version 4.5.2 or 4.6 ... i think no.  :D 

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"