Program not deleting items as it once did

hlpme

post-4463-1142833133_thumb.jpg

I have over 200 issues listed some will not delete as well as some of the items listed under the Windows and Applications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What does the @ represent in a cookie? I did not always have my cookies looking like this

Krit86lr: I left some just for you :)

No but really I think the cookies have a little to much info stored and I do not know why.

The dots (...) are my name and email name why does that have to be in a cookie and what is up with the shared objects which had my email name in it?

Confused , Mad and Tired

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IE Temporary Internet Files (440 files) 8.96MB

C:\Documents and Settings\......\Cookies\........@1071930148[1].txt 441 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\.......\Cookies\.......@clickbank[1].txt 189 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\........\Cookies\.......@crc[1].txt 126 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\.........\Cookies\.......@dcskz8vvr00000c9f3oy3ybgs_3d5h[1].txt 309 bytes

C:\DOCUME~1\TEMPOR~1\WER5.tmp 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\comcast.net\comcastAssistantScores.sol 64 bytes ?

C:\Documents and Settings\.........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\mochibot.com\com.mochibot.sol 100 bytes ?

C:\Documents and Settings\...........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\www.comcast.net\..my name.....sol 1.73KB ?

Can anyone Help with this.

Hello, and welcome. :)

Wow! That's my initial response to that one. Can you add some more information?

What OS are you using? And are you using the Hotfix Uninstaller (please stop if you are)? How many passes do you have CCleaner set to clean? Is the box checked for AutoUpdates (uncheck that if it is)?

Okay, I just looked through your screenshot , and I'm glad that it isn't deleting them. I was going to tell you to uncheck them.

Don't run CCleaner yet. Leave it alone right now. Go to your disk cleanup, check all of the boxes, and clean with that right now until someone else can offer more information.

I am going to look a few things up.

What exactly are your concerns about the cookies?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

What OS are you using? And are you using the Hotfix Uninstaller (please stop if you are)? How many passes do you have CCleaner set to clean? Is the box checked for AutoUpdates (uncheck that if it is)?

He is using WinXP w/ SP1. (although not sure whether it is Home or Pro). His screenshot shows that at the top left-hand corner. And no Hotfixes are listed under the analysis, and it only shows a little over 10 MB of stuff being removed (Hotfixes would be a lot more), so that doesn't seem to be his problem, unless perhaps he ran that prior to running the analysis.

Okay, I just looked through your screenshot , and I'm glad that it isn't deleting them. I was going to tell you to uncheck them.

Yeah, those are strange entries. I will await the product of your research, K! :D

lokoike = too lazy to look for himself

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.

@ hlpme: you can deselect the 'Cookies' checkbox if you don't want your cookies removed. CCleaner is designed by default to get rid of them, so those showing up is not a problem, and doesn't indicate any trouble with your computer.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Yeah, I didn't think that the hotfix uninstallers were the problem, but was wanting to prevent more problems if possible. ;)

I'm mostly concerned with the Registry cleaning entries.

@hlme - I agree with lokoike about the cookies. Are they not getting cleaned, is that the problem? :huh:

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Certificate Authority.Exit Manager - Modules that receive notifications when issuance of a certificate occurs.

Certificate Authority. Policy Manager - Group Policy Manager

Certificate Authority.View - Experation Dates of Certificates.

*I'm confused why CCleaner is pulling these up as Unused File Extensions. Furthermore, pulling up entries that it can't/shouldn't delete. Did these files get deleted somehow?

@hlpme- I still think that a HJT log is a good idea because of your other posts. Once your computer is clean I would suggest doing a sfc check and fixing your system files.

Okay. So there isn't an Administrator account anymore, you made it limited? That explains a whole lot. I'll be right back, hold on.

Okay. So there isn't an Administrator account anymore, you made it limited? That explains a whole lot. I'll be right back, hold on.

Is there an Admin Account with full access?

Written by hlpme,

I know I should have not ran my pc under the Admin...But i did and now after making another admin with a p/word~ I can not see it all in User accounts. I changed the original admin to limited so therefore i Only have a limited user account. which as you know I can not change, delete,open,run aplications.

I have so many problems and I do not know how to start to fix them outside of Reformatting but the only way I can save my date, music is on diskettes ($) sad.gif CD rom or cd-writer does not regonize the cd.

I would like to know if I could make the 6 setup boot disk and try that way.

I did try that and received an Device I/O error? (Which I do not know how to fix).

I have alot of Shared items on the computer that I never had before. Alot of items that I can not delete no matter what I do. Spyware Doctor has found errors, Spy Sweeper found adware, spyware,Trojan Horse,Rootkit which is Critical.

So I have them all from low, medium, high and Critical.

Thank you for reading smile and if you can give ANY advice I would appreciate it

And if you know a better way of explaining this Crap. Please let me know and I will just start this in Forums to see if anyway possible I can begin to fix this Darn thing.

Confused, Mad, Angry, Pissed off.....and lets not forget Tired of trying (I am really ready to throw this darn thing out the window). I have pretty much no control over my Computer.

Again thanks for reading ."

OK U ask for it.. :lol::P;)

What OS are you using? Win Xp Pro Sp1

And are you using the Hotfix Uninstaller (please stop if you are)? No I'm not (None of them are checked in Advance part.

How many passes do you have CCleaner set to clean? Normal

Is the box checked for AutoUpdates (uncheck that if it is)? I will

:unsure:>> I do not understad what you just said? :unsure:

Don't run CCleaner yet. Leave it alone right now. :D ok

Go to your disk cleanup, check all of the boxes, and clean with that right now until someone else can offer more information.

Ok I will insert this Jpg of my settings in CC but the only thing i have changed is I unchecked the AutoUpdate Ok? :)

post-4463-1142841740_thumb.jpg

You are able to see the whole screenshot right?

Going to run Disk cleanup and I will check every Box listed..

Ps..

Dont get scared. I have a C and a E drive that I will do that to.. Remember So many problems.. But I know you can do it. I have faith in ya :) and I will follow your directions word for word.

Again thanks love and God Bless.

I just seen your message i will answer in 1 minute ok?

:)

The first thing here is getting your admin account full access. You will not be able to alter any registry keys until having full access.

For right now, CCleaner is the absolute least of your worries (sorry to say). :(

Will you explain your admin account situation? I'm not clear about one thing. You should have created a user account for yourself that was also the administrator. Example username/administrator, I'm guessing that this is the admin account that you changed.

There is also an Administrator account named "Administrator". You usually only see that account when booting in safe mode. You have to make specific changes to get that account to show up on a normal boot. Is the account "Administrator" still intact?

He is using WinXP w/ SP1. (although not sure whether it is Home or Pro).

:) It is Win Xp Pro with Sp1 :)

His screenshot shows that at the top left-hand corner. And no Hotfixes are listed under the analysis, and it only shows a little over 10 MB of stuff being removed (Hotfixes would be a lot more), so that doesn't seem to be his problem, unless perhaps he ran that prior to running the analysis.

Yeah, those are strange entries. I will await the product of your research, K! :D

lokoike = too lazy to look for himself

too lazy to look for himself <_< No I am not (If you tell me where I will try my best to help <_<

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.

@ hlpme: you can deselect the 'Cookies' checkbox if you don't want your cookies removed. CCleaner is designed by default to get rid of them, so those showing up is not a problem,

:) I do not need to keep any of the cookies.. i just wondered why the @ and the [1] and [2] was in everyone of them and it was not in them when pc was working fine. (thats all) :)

and doesn't indicate any trouble with your computer.

Reboot your computer and hit the F8 button over and over until you get a boot screen option. Choose Safe Mode. You will have 2 or more choices to log on.

Administrator and You. The administrator password was created when you installed your OS. Choose Administrator and log on. Then fix your username/admin account and give it full access again.

Can you do this? You didn't answer my previous question.

Don't run CCleaner yet. Leave it alone right now. Go to your disk cleanup, check all of the boxes, and clean with that right now until someone else can offer more information.

ok ;)

I have over 200 issues listed some will not delete as well as some of the items listed under the Windows and Applications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What does the @ represent in a cookie? I did not always have my cookies looking like this

Krit86lr: I left some just for you :)

No but really I think the cookies have a little to much info stored and I do not know why.

The dots (...) are my name and email name why does that have to be in a cookie and what is up with the shared objects which had my email name in it?

Confused , Mad and Tired

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IE Temporary Internet Files (440 files) 8.96MB

C:\Documents and Settings\......\Cookies\........@1071930148[1].txt 441 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\.......\Cookies\.......@clickbank[1].txt 189 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\........\Cookies\.......@crc[1].txt 126 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\.........\Cookies\.......@dcskz8vvr00000c9f3oy3ybgs_3d5h[1].txt 309 bytes

C:\DOCUME~1\TEMPOR~1\WER5.tmp 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\comcast.net\comcastAssistantScores.sol 64 bytes ?

C:\Documents and Settings\.........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\mochibot.com\com.mochibot.sol 100 bytes ?

C:\Documents and Settings\...........\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\RDGRV2ZK\www.comcast.net\..my name.....sol 1.73KB ?

Can anyone Help with this.

thankyou ;)

Reboot your computer and hit the F8 button over and over until you get a boot screen option. Choose Safe Mode. You will have 2 or more choices to log on.

Administrator and You. The administrator password was created when you installed your OS. Choose Administrator and log on. Then fix your username/admin account and give it full access again.

Can you do this? You didn't answer my previous question.

I will try it still reading.

will get back to you asap. :)

The first thing here is getting your admin account full access. You will not be able to alter any registry keys until having full access.

For right now, CCleaner is the absolute least of your worries (sorry to say). :(

Will you explain your admin account situation? I'm not clear about one thing. You should have created a user account for yourself that was also the administrator. Example username/administrator, I'm guessing that this is the admin account that you changed.

There is also an Administrator account named "Administrator". You usually only see that account when booting in safe mode. You have to make specific changes to get that account to show up on a normal boot. Is the account "Administrator" still intact?

I will have to look up the administrator account info. but i will do that asap as well.

once i find the info i will do as you said regarding the safe mode ok?

Thank you :)

too lazy to look for himself No I am not (If you tell me where I will try my best to help dry

O dear! Sorry about interjecting here, but I'm afraid you (hlpme) misunderstood my comment! I wasn't saying that YOU are too lazy to look! I was saying that I was too lazy to look! That is why I wrote "lokoike = too lazy to look for himself"!

Hope this clears that up! :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

O dear! Sorry about interjecting here, but I'm afraid you (hlpme) misunderstood my comment! I wasn't saying that YOU are too lazy to look! I was saying that I was too lazy to look! That is why I wrote "lokoike = too lazy to look for himself"!

Hope this clears that up! :)

Interject away my friend. It's all good. :D

At this point nothing can be done anyway until hlpme gets access to an admin account. ;) Are working on that hlpme?