Runtime error using the analysis function

I get the following error when I run the analyze function in Cleaner:

Run-time error '6': Overflow

I was able to clean my registry fine, but cannot proceed in the Cleaner function, as when you cllick on this error, it'll close the application.

I use XP SP2.

Any help would be appreciated, as this looks like it would be a cool application if it worked correctly.

Thanks.

• Moderators

More ideals, yes.

1. Well if your install of the runtime was messed up when you installed CCleaner that "might" be the problem.

2. You could uninstall CCleaner, and then reboot.

3. Reinstall CCleaner, and then reboot, and then try to run CCleaner again.

If that doesn't work you could try to register CCleaner's .dll and .ocx files:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\lang-1033.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCHelper.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListBar.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListView.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSubTimer.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSystem.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTab.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTreeView.ocx"

I haven't really got anymore ideals as to what would cause it.

a long time analyzing (6 to 8 minutes).

I'm starting to think the first time people scan for files using the Cleaner option that they should possibly and temporarily disable their real-time virus protection hence the installed anti-virus will scan every file which will drastically slow down what CCleaner lists. But don't take that as gospel, those are just my views.

Andavari

Tried everything, including the turning off of the virus protection, but to no avail. Well, I did not try the registering of the .dll and .ocx files, as I'm not sure how to do that.

But the bottom line is the same error still shows up.

More ideals, yes.

1. Well if your install of the runtime was messed up when you installed CCleaner that "might" be the problem.

2. You could uninstall CCleaner, and then reboot.

3. Reinstall CCleaner, and then reboot, and then try to run CCleaner again.

If that doesn't work you could try to register CCleaner's .dll and .ocx files:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\lang-1033.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCHelper.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListBar.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListView.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSubTimer.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSystem.dll"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTab.ocx"regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTreeView.ocx"

I haven't really got anymore ideals as to what would cause it.

I'm starting to think the first time people scan for files using the Cleaner option that they should possibly and temporarily disable their real-time virus protection hence the installed anti-virus will scan every file which will drastically slow down what CCleaner lists. But don't take that as gospel, those are just my views.

• Moderators

To register the .dll and .ocx files just copy one line at a time from the code listed above in my second post, and then paste it into the Start->Run area and click OK, you'll need to do this for each line that's listed in the code.

I only suggested this because it has been previously suggested by another member (don't remember who) when someone else couldn't get CCleaner to run after trying practically everything, even after installing the newest MS VB Runtime files.

-------

You may want to post a HijackThis log, since from talking to K via some PM's runtime errors can be malware related.

You can download HijackThis here.

You can post your log here.

Not a bad idea, Andavari. :)

@wxmanrocks, remember to be logged in as Administrator when doing these suggestions. After following Andavari's suggestion, if you're still having the problem, try this.

* start > search > (type) MSCOMCTL.OCX - and under Advanced Options check 'Search System Folders', 'Search Hidden Files', and 'Search Subfolders'. Now search.

* If it is there type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (no quotes) in the run box and click okay. Reboot after registering it, and if you're not the administrator of the computer you won't be able to fix any of these problems (FYI).

* MSCOMCTL.OCX is a Microsoft Library that can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software.

If it's missing let me know, and I'll tell you how to get it again. :D

Sometime certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Andavari and krit86lr:

Here's what I did:

I registered all but the:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\lang-1033.dll" and

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll"

With these two files I received the following message:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

Same with lang-1033.dll

I registered REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX file, too. There were two of these files. One in:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

and another in my D drive.

Still no luck--same run-time error message as before.

I have posted my hijack log where you asked me to, Andavari--basically same title as this thread.

Thanks for your time, again.

Not a bad idea, Andavari. :)

@wxmanrocks, remember to be logged in as Administrator when doing these suggestions. After following Andavari's suggestion, if you're still having the problem, try this.

* start > search > (type) MSCOMCTL.OCX - and under Advanced Options check 'Search System Folders', 'Search Hidden Files', and 'Search Subfolders'. Now search.

* If it is there type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (no quotes) in the run box and click okay. Reboot after registering it, and if you're not the administrator of the computer you won't be able to fix any of these problems (FYI).

* MSCOMCTL.OCX is a Microsoft Library that can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software.

If it's missing let me know, and I'll tell you how to get it again. :D

Sometime certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

Strange.... <_< Another person is having the exact same problem registering those specific dll's. I wonder what's going on? Good call on the HJT. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\lang-1033.dll" and

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll"

With these two files I received the following message:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

Same with lang-1033.dll

It's probably something to do with those .dll's, probably that won't allow them to be registered. Remember to reboot after you registered all those others.

I have posted my hijack log where you asked me to, Andavari--basically same title as this thread.

Good, I looked at your log however another forum member whom is qualified to do HijackThis analysis and good at knowing what's either wrong or malware related just by looking at the log will probably reply to your log in the next day or two - maybe less.

Looks like it's fixed. But I have to download Java again so that I can run my weather radar loops again. I hope that this doesn't result in the same problem again. AndyManchesta helped a lot.

Thanks for all your help, too.

It's probably something to do with those .dll's, probably that won't allow them to be registered. Remember to reboot after you registered all those others.

Good, I looked at your log however another forum member whom is qualified to do HijackThis analysis and good at knowing what's either wrong or malware related just by looking at the log will probably reply to your log in the next day or two - maybe less.

Never mind that last post, my radar is working fine, so that download is not necessary.

Thanks again.

Looks like it's fixed. But I have to download Java again so that I can run my weather radar loops again. I hope that this doesn't result in the same problem again. AndyManchesta helped a lot.

Thanks for all your help, too.