CCleaner v1.28 - Coming next week...

MrG

To be precise .. - from here actually:

http://ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

;)

I posted the instructions to get there instead, so people know it's location in the future. ;)

In addition to my post, you could add a winapp2.ini downloader button (if winapp2.ini is present, then it becomes an 'updater' button). This, with a caution message in the description of course.

We should have ONE CCleaner build only, which is the slim version, but has an extra tab with those downloadable tools (Language Pack, Winapp2, Yahoo Toolbar). And also a donate button in that tab. Add a More Information link, which leads to a 'Download CCleaner Tools' page, where you can get more information for the tools, and a preview screenshot of the Toolbar (so instead of putting it INSIDE the program, it will be on the site).

One build, no confused people, no complaints because of toolbar being installed with ccleaner (people that are not aware of the other builds, which are a lot), fastly downloadable, installabe, easily usable, fast proggy :D

One build, no confused people, no complaints because of toolbar being installed with ccleaner (people that are not aware of the other builds, which are a lot), fastly downloadable, installabe, easily usable, fast proggy :D

I agree wholeheartedly! Sounds like a win-win to me!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

will there ever be a shortcut or entry in right-mouse menu to select/deselect all entries in the cleaner? It's so much clicking to select all groups... :)

EDIT:

Will it be possible to delete every item I want in the program-uninstall category ?

I get a "cannot delete MSI installer" error if I want to delete an old "J2SE Runtime environment 5.0 Update 5" entry ! That's annoying!

I thought delete entry means it just deletes entry from registry... and not deleting a installer...

my private homepage www.energie-bewusstsein.de - stop wasting energy!

will there ever be a shortcut or entry in right-mouse menu to select/deselect all entries in the cleaner? It's so much clicking to select all groups... :)

EDIT:

Will it be possible to delete every item I want in the program-uninstall category ?

I get a "cannot delete MSI installer" error if I want to delete an old "J2SE Runtime environment 5.0 Update 5" entry ! That's annoying!

I thought delete entry means it just deletes entry from registry... and not deleting a installer...

I think for this situation you better use the Windows Installer Cleanup Tool from http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

It is now tainted though. Before it was no adware, no spyware, etc. With the toolbar included that should be removed from the front page.

Tarun, I'm not sure what you mean by tainted. All I know is how well CC does its' job at this very moment and how well it did its' job before these forums existed. Don't get me wrong when I say that CC is not tainted. What I mean is that CC is not tainted in any way what-so-ever. I understand that you are not pleased with recent decisions. Choice is all users' responsibility. What I would like to convey to you and believe you will agree with is that CC is and has always been a very respectable product.

To me tainted means that it is somehow flawed... That is definitely not the case. CrapCleaner is a very good product and has always been.

Please point out where the adware, spyware, etc, is and how any user can find such things . I can't find any! I would like to see proof. There are people that devote their time and resources to inform others of such unscrupulous products. Please include your findings so that CC users can be alerted. We will all benefit if you or anyone else will divulge such findings.

I say that the CrapCleaner is excellent and If you, Tarun, can show us all how CC is "tainted" with one example of spyware or any other ware; please show us. It will benefit us all.

And yes I did register just to respond to this nonsense. Peace.

munckman

To everyone that does not want the Yahoo! toolbar, you can just go to 'Other Builds' in the Download page. In there, you can choose to download Basic or Slim instead. I prefer the slim one, no toolbar, no additional languages.

Hi P0L4t and welcome. :)

Everyone is aware of the "Other Builds" section for v1.27. We just don't know what the options are going to be with v1.28. CCleaner v1.27 was the first release that offered multiple builds, and it was the first time that a toolbar was included in any build. We don't know how many builds there are going to be with v1.28. There could be only 1 build that includes the toolbar. Simply put, we don't know. That is why we are sharing our requests with MrG. ;)

Krit is MrG's fangirl!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

The whole 'toolbar and tainted' talk are becoming so boring. I wish this thread could just have excitement and thank you messages going out to MrG about the new version that is forthcoming which represents a major bugfix in the Hotfix Uninstaller and some other bugfixes. If people want to constantly bitch about the toolbar just revive one of the threads that are just for that.

The whole 'toolbar and tainted' talk are becoming so boring. I wish this thread could just have excitement and thank you messages going out to MrG about the new version that is forthcoming which represents a major bugfix in the Hotfix Uninstaller and some other bugfixes. If people want to constantly bitch about the toolbar just revive one of the threads that are just for that.

A big yeah! to that. So what if there was a toolbar - it's not like some software where you get it whether you want it or not. You had a choice to opt out. If you don't read what you are installing, then you deserve what you get.

I wish as many people would make a donation towards the software as have complained about the toolbar.

CCleaner 1.28 is here!!!

Many, many thanks MrG. :D

Krit is MrG's fangirl!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Where is it? How can I get it? The download section shows 1.27.

It will probably show up in the download section in a few hours. I just installed it because I got the email. :P If you make a donation, you get new releases in your email shortly before it shows up here.

It cleans more things now, which is awesome. :D I've ran it about 10 times now. Looking for some bugs, but I haven't found anything yet.

It cleaned so many more things that it took 5 Runs to clean it all. :lol: (Man computers get lots of crap)

maybe I can forward my email to you. hehe

j/k

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/CClea...er/1100194579/1 :)

- Updated Hotfix Uninstaller cleaning.

- Added secure certificate to the installer.

- Improved secure deletion performance.

- Fixed a few issues with 64bit OSs.

- Fixed checkbox bug on Issue Scanner.

- Added Galician Translation.

- Minor updates to Arabic and Hebrew.

- Minor interface and style update.

- Minor performance tweaks.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/CClea...er/1100194579/1 :)

- Updated Hotfix Uninstaller cleaning.

- Added secure certificate to the installer.

- Improved secure deletion performance.

- Fixed a few issues with 64bit OSs.

- Fixed checkbox bug on Issue Scanner.

- Added Galician Translation.

- Minor updates to Arabic and Hebrew.

- Minor interface and style update.

- Minor performance tweaks.

How is that even possible...it's not even released on the site.

It is released on the site, but somehow we can't see it yet. The download link that MrG emailed out is on this site. I don't know why we can't see it on here though.

I think that early releases have shown up on that site before. Seems familiar. <_<