CCleaner v1.28 - Coming next week...

MrG

• Admin

I've noticed a few posts regarding bugs in the current version,

so to keep everyone happy I'm going to release a new version next week.

With this and a few other things fixed. :)

It will be a sort of interim build, so won't have as many changes as usual.

I'll post the change log once it's ready.

MrG

I'm hoping the progress bar is going to be fixed im also hoping there will be some good new features when the usual update is released to make up for the inclusion of the toolbar <_< .

MrG are you going to comment on the inclusion of the toolbar, i mean the vast majority of users do no want it and do not use the version that it is included with?

MrG

Welcome news MrG! but its taken far to long to correct some serious problems

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

• Moderators

Glad to hear there will be some corrections to the last version Mr G.

Do you have any comments to make to the loads of "casual" computer users who now have an empty or vastly depleted $hf_mig$ folder, with no system restore available and very little technical knowledge?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks MrG. I would like to build on the request for it not to have the toolbar please.

Have a nice day! :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

MrG

Thanks MrG for a great program. I appreciate all your time and hard work on this FREE program and look forward to the next Ver. whenever you release it. I have used ever Ver. you have released and have had no problem whatsoever with any of them.

Thanks Again

RON

A big huge thank you for releasing the Hotfix Uninstaller fix promptly!

My personal feelings about the toolbar have already been previously posted on numerous occasions, so I'll just wait and see if they had any impact...

Regardless, at least it is still good to see that user input still is a major part of CC. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I would pay Money for Crap Cleaner Just to get rid of Yahoo Bar

dont understand me wrong i love your software i use it alot and keep bragging about it to others

i can see you spend many hours to get our pc's cleaner then ever

but i dislike the fact that Yahoo bar is comming with it. in the install

Normaly i download and install it right away. do a default install like i always do

i know its an option but the first time i was wondering where i got it from

to discover it came with ccleaner was really suprising

Crap Cleaner has a 6 out of 6 on www.nonags.com

but i feel keeping Yahoo will chance my Bragging into Nagging <_<

Have you planned x64 support soon?

The only problems I've noticed are in the Registry cleaner part, which deletes lots of application shortcuts like defrag and other windows components, it says: Missing shortcut reference.

It also reports some other errors under x64 like Missing MUI reference, Invalid default icon...

Thanks G for your valuable time and effort creating a FREE program that thousands upon thousands of us cheap, parasitic computer users download for free and then complain about.

This is a great program, and anyone concerned with the yahoo toolbar can do what i did-dont download that version.

:)

i don't understand why anyone has those probs with yahoo toolbar... First of all you can uncheck it with install. second if it is allready there you can delete it. a small time effort....

keep up the good work

Because it bloats once good software and has tainted it.

Because it bloats once good software and has tainted it.

The software is still as good as it was before; it isn't "bloated" at all, and however often I use it, it doesn't look "tainted" to me.

I though we had been over this discussion finally - it starts to get really, really, really, really boring...

...I though we had been over this discussion finally - it starts to get really, really, really, really boring...

Yeah, no kidding. Maybe the next CCleaner could come bundled with a Sasser Worm or something, so then we have something new and fresh to debate about!

ding, ding!

To everyone that does not want the Yahoo! toolbar, you can just go to 'Other Builds' in the Download page. In there, you can choose to download Basic or Slim instead. I prefer the slim one, no toolbar, no additional languages.

I am a new member here, but I've been browsing without an account, and I saw a nice idea. I just forgot where it was. But it said to include a NEW tab INSIDE CCleaner, that gives you the OPTION to download additional languages and/or toolbar. So this will basically be the SLIM version with an additional button.

This way the CCleaner download itself WILL stay small, but will have a smal button inside itself, and when you click it, on the right there are direct links to Language Pack or Yahoo Toolbar download with information about what they are and stuff, perhaps also a small screenshot of Yahoo toolbar (SMALL, so ccleaner prog stays small also :D).

There should also be a third button where you can donate money through PayPal to MrG.

This is my 2 cents, good job with this nice and small proggy MrG, I like it VERY much, I uninstalled all other cleaners as soon as I tried this one (long time ago), and this is STILL the one and only cleaner I use. B)

The software is still as good as it was before; it isn't "bloated" at all, and however often I use it, it doesn't look "tainted" to me.

I though we had been over this discussion finally - it starts to get really, really, really, really boring...

It is now tainted though. Before it was no adware, no spyware, etc. With the toolbar included that should be removed from the front page.

...I am a new member here, but I've been browsing without an account, and I saw a nice idea. I just forgot where it was. But it said to include a NEW tab INSIDE CCleaner, that gives you the OPTION to download additional languages and/or toolbar. So this will basically be the SLIM version with an additional button.

This way the CCleaner download itself WILL stay small, but will have a smal button inside itself, and when you click it, on the right there are direct links to Language Pack or Yahoo Toolbar download with information about what they are and stuff, perhaps also a small screenshot of Yahoo toolbar (SMALL, so ccleaner prog stays small also :D).

There should also be a third button where you can donate money through PayPal to MrG.

This is my 2 cents, good job with this nice and small proggy MrG, I like it VERY much, I uninstalled all other cleaners as soon as I tried this one (long time ago), and this is STILL the one and only cleaner I use. B)

Yeah, I suggested that with a screenshot a while ago, but I think the post was removed since it was made a little while ago. I like your suggestion for separate Language packs and a tiny screenshot as well. That would add some size, but if it was a jpg or gif, it would only be a few k (not 740k!), which wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, this way MrG doesn't have to make multiple builds, so theoretically, it would make things easier for him too!

I also have no reservations about MrG adding a Paypal button. In fact, I don't know why he hasn't yet! To me, there is nothing shameful about that, and I see no reason why anyone would have any reason to complain if it was integrated. Good suggestions!

ding, ding!