CCleaner 5.10.5373 Hangs while deleting Windows Temporary Files

Canon_Man

Running Windows 10 Pro

BitDefender 1.0.21.1099

Have been running CCleaner for a number of years now under XP, Win 7 and most recently on Win 10.

I just noticed that with the newest release of CCleaner that it hangs each time it attempts to open and delete files from C: Users > UserID > AppData > Local  > Temp , specifically one file name: I4jdel0.exe.

CCleaner ran fine until about a week ago, now it hangs each time. The problem is so servere, that attempting to load any program, or invoke Task Manager, do a System Restart or any other task is impossible. The only way I have found to deal with this is to do a forced shutdown.

The system is responding, it just won't do anything else while this file name is in CCleaner's sights.

I noticed that after experimenting with CClenaer, if I turn off System > Temporary Files CCleaner runs properly. Also noticed that when it hung the first time, was restarted and the Temporary Files was deselected, that after a re-boot, the file I4jdel0.exe in Local > Temp was gone.

• Moderators

might have something to do with that .exe file and BitDefender.

so is that .exe file gone now?

if not go to that appdat\local\temp folder and blow away its contents manually.

if it keeps coming back, it's probably related to Java or something you are running; some game or software.

if it comes back after you run a certain program then it's legit and can be added to CC's exclude list.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Could be to do with games.

Install4J  is a Multi-platform Java installer and builder

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/2w39q6/i4jdeli4jdel0exe_and_java_files_from_this_game/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com