CCleaner not working properly with El Capitan

SR45

Have the release of El Capitan 10.11 yesterday, and still the newest release of CCleaner will not show Cookies to be cleaned. Analyze works but not the cookies to be cleaned.   Any work around or other suggestions ?

I have the same problem, I'm running CCleaner Professional on El Capitan and it doesn't show cookies. I upgraded Yosemite to El Capitan, I'm going to try with a clean install of El Capitan and see if that makes any difference. For some people it's working and others it's not.

• Moderators

all the volunteer members on this forum have no insider knowledge unless told so by the Devs.

so all anyone can do is wait for the next release and hope they include a resolution to your issues.

if not, then it'll be a wait for the release after that and so on.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

all the volunteer members on this forum have no insider knowledge unless told so by the Devs.

so all anyone can do is wait for the next release and hope they include a resolution to your issues.

if not, then it'll be a wait for the release after that and so on.

I actually thought that someone might have heard by now, as it has been an ongoing problem since El Capitan's release - well here's some news - I contacted support, they are well aware of the problem and are working on an update, when it's released - "when it's released" - so it won't be too far off - best customer support ever! Thank you Anders  :D

• Moderators

the Devs read all these posts, so they would have been aware after the first one.

sadly, they seldom acknowledge or respond to posts, a wasted PR opportunity in my opinion.

most Piriform products are on a (roughly) monthly release cycle - so you may have a few weeks to wait yet - and that's IF they have included a fix.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem for me, no cookies showing. Brand new iMac, running EC.  

Works beautifully on my other iMac, Snow Leopard.

Wish I'd known about CC long ago, wouldn't wasted money/time on MacKeeper! 

I shall probably upgrade to pro version once this EC bug is resolved.