Run time error '0'

Ogi

Help me, i'm desperate!!!

I reinstalled my computer this night and i installed the newest version of this extraordinary program i use for months now but it sais "run time error '0'" and won't load!!! Just little before i wanted to uninstall Registry Mechanic program and it asked me if i want to delete some .dll file i think and it warned me that there might be some other programs connected with it and i press YES TO ALL accidentally, i don't know if that related with the problem but i think it is!

Please help me how to get it work!!!

I can't live without this program!!!

I reinstalled my computer this night and i installed the newest version of this extraordinary program i use for months now but it sais "run time error '0'" and won't load!!! Just little before i wanted to uninstall Registry Mechanic program and it asked me if i want to delete some .dll file i think and it warned me that there might be some other programs connected with it and i press YES TO ALL accidentally, i don't know if that related with the problem but i think it is!

Hello and Welcom Ogi! :)

What program, and what OS? My guess is that you haven't updated everything yet, and I don't mean MS Updates. I mean after reinstalling you need to re-update all of your drivers, VB, DirextX, .NET Framework, etc... Have you done all of this already?

As an added percausion

* start > search > (type) MSCOMCTL.OCX - and under Advanced Options check 'Search System Folders', 'Search Hidden Files', and 'Search Subfolders'. Now search.

* If MSCOMCTL.OCX is there nevermind. If it isn't let me know.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

OS is WinXP proffesional SP2. What do u mean what program, CCleaner of course :) neither one version works, its just that they turn out the different error depending on the version (i used before v1.23 and last night i downloaded v1.27 and the error is the same).

After it turn out an error it asks me whether i want to send a notification to the Microsoft so i guess i need some file! Probably some i accedentally deleted in the way i described. I red that report, and i there was like about 30 modules, every module is one DLL file, and it seems that i don't have 3 of them in System32 dir (maybe they are in some other dir?): lang-033.dll, msvcrt.dll, mousehook.dll.

I am not at home now but as soon as i get there i will let u know about that file u asked me about! Thank u very much for trying to help!

P.S. Now i saw that the file u ask me about is an active X component and i think that some version of the program turn out some active X error but i am not sure.

Do you have an installation CD? You can do a sfc /scannow.

OS is WinXP proffesional SP2. What do u mean what program, CCleaner of course :) neither one version works, its just that they turn out the different error depending on the version (i used before v1.23 and last night i downloaded v1.27 and the error is the same).

After it turn out an error it asks me whether i want to send a notification to the Microsoft so i guess i need some file! Probably some i accedentally deleted in the way i described. I red that report, and i there was like about 30 modules, every module is one DLL file, and it seems that i don't have 3 of them in System32 dir (maybe they are in some other dir?): lang-033.dll, msvcrt.dll, mousehook.dll.

I am not at home now but as soon as i get there i will let u know about that file u asked me about! Thank u very much for trying to help!

P.S. Now i saw that the file u ask me about is an active X component and i think that some version of the program turn out some active X error but i am not sure.

Yeah it becomes unregistered when installing and uninstalling lots of software. If it is there type REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX in the run box and click okay. Reboot after registering it, and if you're not the administrator of the computer you won't be able to fix any of these problems (FYI). ;)

It's a Microsoft Library.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I have an installation CD, of course. But i don't know what is sfc/scannow.

My WinXP is all fresh and new and i wanted to say to you that this error has nothing to do with the drivers becouse i installed them all, DirectX i haven't installed yet if it is is not integrated in SP2, and i don't know what is VB and .NET framework but i reinstalled the XP before too without these programs and everything was great!

I will try what u said as soon as i get home.

Are u the maker of this program?

I just installed, and uninstalled Registry Mechanic to see what you were talking about. The only thing that you deleted was STKIT432.dll and is distributed with Visual Basic 4. I'm going to read DjLizard's post before saying anything else (don't want to say something 2 times ;) ).

I have an installation CD, of course. But i don't know what is sfc/scannow.

My WinXP is all fresh and new and i wanted to say to you that this error has nothing to do with the drivers becouse i installed them all, DirectX i haven't installed yet if it is is not integrated in SP2, and i don't know what is VB and .NET framework but i reinstalled the XP before too without these programs and everything was great!

I will try what u said as soon as i get home.

Are u the maker of this program?

sfc /scannow is a tool within windows that will replace missing files. Everything that I suggested DirectX, VB, etc., are already integrated with the installation, but they need to be updated. After a re-install all of these programs will be outdated, and you have to update them manually. Your runtime error is probably VB. If you don't update everthing you will run into odd problems in the future.

Am I the maker of what program?

@ Ogi - The link that DjLizard posted is the VB link that you need to download and install. :D

Look, incredible, i installed it on the other partition and it works great!?? :blink:

Anyway, i don't have any of the programs u mention, except DirectX, of course.

Before i installed it on the other partition i installed VB and the problem remained.

Concerning sfc/scannow, i really can't believe that this is the first time i hear about it. Do u think about REPAIR option, maybe? Except that, i really don't know what r u talking about... :)

And why do u ask me for the second time WHAT program am i talking about? :blink:

I mean, we are talking about CCLEANER on CCLEANER forum, right?

So, i ment r u the maker of CCLEANER?

Also, i want to help u all on your help. I really appreciate it.

So, i ment r u the maker of CCLEANER?

Also, i want to help u all on your help. I really appreciate it.

MrG is the author of CCleaner. Follow my instructions in the PM that I sent you.

MrG is the author of CCleaner. Follow my instructions in the PM that I sent you.

Also don't worry about the sfc /scannow for now. You hopefully won't need to do it. ;)

Hey! Is it lang-033, or lang-1033.dll? I'm asking because lang-1033.dll is apart of CCleaner. C:\Program Files\CCleaner

ccleaner1ey.th.jpg

Also you can check your dll cache folder for a copy of msvcrt.dll.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

I don't know about the mousehook.dll file yet. I don't have it on my computer.

Yes, it's lang-1033.dll file. Never mind, the most important thing is that it works now but i am curious why desn't it work on the primary partition, as it makes some difference.

Maybe i was looking for that file at the wrong place. Or maybe that error log i read doesn't show a thing...

If u are not the maker, than who r u? :) I mean, u are the most helpfull person here, u must be somewhat connected to this program, right? :) U are like a technical support, right? :)

Yes, it's lang-1033.dll file. Never mind, the most important thing is that it works now but i am curious why desn't it work on the primary partition, as it makes some difference.

Maybe i was looking for that file at the wrong place. Or maybe that error log i read doesn't show a thing...

If u are not the maker, than who r u? :) I mean, u are the most helpfull person here, u must be somewhat connected to this program, right? :) U are like a technical support, right? :)

I'm going to look into one more thing for you. Because you shouldn't have this problem if you're updated. ;)

(you followed my instructions, right?) :lol:

I'm not connected to the program, nor am I a tech. I just like to help people, because people here help me! ;)

Look... i didn't update my Windows with the Windows Update option but it is NOT a problem with the CCLEANER not working, becouse BEFORE ITWORKED FINE EVEN I NEVER EVER USED THAT OPTION?

Ok? :D

There is some totally other problem which i don't know and i don't wanna know since it works great, now! It just dont wanna work on C but on D, which is very strange since i reinstalled my XP yesterday.