CCleaner Community Forums
Willy2

Microsoft adds Win 10 spying features to Win 7 & 8

Ah, well let's leave it there if it is not family friendly and has nothing to do with the topic. (Even in the lounge, people, please don't let things go into the weeds)

has my link been removed?

has my link been removed?

Link to what? If you mean oo-software. I still see the link, and I know I didn't remove it. But for future reference, please do more than post a link.

as I stated in the post below it, though do you have any links to reputable endorsements of the program? Best I could find was a couple of stray mentions on malwaretips (which, while it's got a green on WoT some of the comments make it seem more likely to push dangerous (not malware, just computer breakingly aggressive registry cleaners and such).

I cannot link to the hidden section of geekstogo(i am a senior student there) as you wont have permission. It was suggested with out warrenty the tool of choice over others currently. No tool comes with out dangers that tweaks. I personally have had no issue using it on multipl e Vm's.

I just have to laugh about this "Windows 10 is spying on us" paranoia

Surely wishing for privacy is not the same as being paranoid, even if paranoid is used in the common, pop psychology sense. 

That's what's going on here.  Microsoft has announced that your privacy is subordinate to their profit.  

That isn't OK, with me at least, regardless of how many of the big players do it.