No Check boxes in Issues -- SOMETIMES?

jlt50z

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forum and I’d just like to acknowledge and give a Tip of the Hat to Mr. “G” for making such a great program. It’s a first class cleaner of choice in my book! :)

I’ve been using CCleaner before version 1.10 was released but this is when I started making backup copies of the program just to have. I’ve never had ONE issue with Crap Cleaner until now and it’s a weird one.

I downloaded version 1.27 from Major Geek’s site. Once installed on both my XP machine and my old Win 98 back up machine I noticed that “sometimes” in the “Issues” window the check boxes do not always appear that are directly under “Progress” on the very top and under it “Problems” is shown! The next time you open it they’ll be there and maybe two more times and then not. There is no set way to make this happen. You can’t simply highlight the line either as it tries to fix ALL issues then. :blink:

I went back to version 1.26 with NO problems on either machine as I also tried a clean install with a download of 1.27 from CClean.com site with the same results. Can anyone please help??

Thanks very much, jlt50z

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forum and I?d just like to acknowledge and give a Tip of the Hat to Mr. ?G? for making such a great program. It?s a first class cleaner of choice in my book! :)

I?ve been using CCleaner before version 1.10 was released but this is when I started making backup copies of the program just to have. I?ve never had ONE issue with Crap Cleaner until now and it?s a weird one.

I downloaded version 1.27 from Major Geek?s site. Once installed on both my XP machine and my old Win 98 back up machine I noticed that ?sometimes? in the ?Issues? window the check boxes do not always appear that are directly under ?Progress? on the very top and under it ?Problems? is shown! The next time you open it they?ll be there and maybe two more times and then not. There is no set way to make this happen. You can?t simply highlight the line either as it tries to fix ALL issues then. :blink:

I went back to version 1.26 with NO problems on either machine as I also tried a clean install with a download of 1.27 from CClean.com site with the same results. Can anyone please help??

Thanks very much, jlt50z

You may need to update your VisualBasics. You can download here.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

You may need to update your VisualBasics. You can download here.

krit86lr,

Thanks very much for the reply. However my VB was up to date (VB6.0 sp6) on the 98 box and my XP machine was only one version behind, however I updated it too. I'm still having the same issue with the check boxes not "always" appearing in "Issues" window in the right pane. Does Mr."G" ever check the Bugs Report forum do you know?? Do you think he saw or will see this post?? I wish he'd give us his input on it.

Thanks so much once again for trying for me anyway as I do appreciate your effort. :(

Regards,

jlt50z

krit86lr,

I found the combination that will make CCleaner make the boxes NOT appear.

If you start in the Issues window let say under ?Unused File Extensions? and there are extensions that need to be removed, but you do NOT remove them, but uncheck the ?Unused File Extensions? box and then check let?s say ?Help Files? that comes up with ?No Issues Found?.

Then you uncheck the ?Help Files? go back to ?Unused File Extensions? and recheck it?s box and click ?Scan for Issues? once again in the right side window in the Problems column the check boxes will NOT appear!!

However, if I then close the Crap Cleaner program completely and reopen it, click on ?Issues? then check the box ?Unused File Extensions? then click ?Scan for Issues? the check boxes will reappear just as they should and did the first time.

What breaks the boxes from appearing is a ?Issue Scanning Setting? that shows ?No Issues Were Found?. As soon as it displays ?No issues were Found? then from here on Crap Cleaner?s check boxes do not appear anymore until you close the program and reopen it!

Jeff (jlt50z)

Hey experienced users out there! Feel free to jump in and share some of your wisdom! :P

Pleeaaase??? :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)