Windows 10 Blue Screen Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

EdisonLu

• Moderators

yep, sure can.

on the storage side, the bit'ness is just the amount of info each register can store, 232 or 264.

and there's the speed side of it, the amount of bits that can be pushed through the processor and bus lines.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...

Win10 10586 64bit

WMIprvSE.exe in TaskManagers processes jumps to 21% cpu   with both speccy portable 32 & 64bit here.  

CPU fan kicks on and temperature rises.  

Certainly wouldn't want to run it full time but it seems ok for a quick look at things.

• Moderators

can't confirm those findings on my PC.

Win 10 Pro (10240) 64bit.

Speccy portable 32bit.

before Speccy, there was just one wmiprvse.exe then during Speccy there was a wmiapsrv and 6 wmiprvse.

CPU for all those services stayed on 0, temps for mobo and CPU were unchanged.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Speccy discussion so I really don't want to cause an issue by talking about CCleaner, however, I have just had a hellish couple of days trying to upgrade a Win7Pro laptop to Win10. The laptop hung on reboot and has turned out to be unrecoverable (I'm having to reinstall from a Win10 ISO). The very last thing I did was install CCleaner. I've been using it for years, I did not (and never have) use the registry tool. I just used it for basic cleaning and had Active Monitoring on as this is the suggested workaround for CCleaner starting slowly in Win10. So, yes, I'm jumping to conclusions and yes, I could be wrong but when catastrophe happens I always backtrack to the last thing I did - as above, and the laptop was running fine up to that point. Feel free to move this post to the right thread - I only posted here in response to 'DeliciousSalad's post above. Unless someone restores my confidence I will not be reinstalling either CCleaner or Speccy and I'll be removing the former from the laptop I'm using now.

• Moderators

Jem's issue is likely unrelated, instead of reinstalling win10 (which is sometimes a necessity over upgrading in place) perhaps try safe mode disable active monitoring and see if it boots, however tons of people are not having your issue and has nothing to do with bluescreen errors or the cause of this issue (which is/was likely a fault in cpuz64 bundled into speccy and communication with 64bit WMI)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I bumped in this discussion while looking for a possible solution for Speccy crashing and causing blue screen error. My Windows 10 (32 bit) build is 1703. Before some major update, Speccy use to work fine but know it doesen't. Any of you guys was able to work this out? Thanks in advance.