CCleaner does not completely clean Google Chrome

Gaforge

I'm using CCleaner 1.09.313 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 and use Google Chrome 44 as my primary browser. I noticed that CCleaner simply does not clean all session info, history, cookies and cookie related things like local storage, supercookies, etc. I did not set to keep any cookies in CCleaner as can be seen in the figure below and I wanted to remove all this session, history and cookie related stuff in Google Chrome with CCleaner. But it turns out that it completely doesn't work on Google Websites. When I log in in Gmail for example and use CCleaner afterwards, the next time when I open Gmail.com in Google Chrome, it shows my email address and asks me to enter the password. If CCleaner would have worked, it should have removed this session information, it shouldn't show my email address at all. Same for Youtube, after using CCleaner, it still shows recomended videos that are almost identical to the ones I just watched.

BDP29gkl.png

• Moderators

I know this is the case for PCs but probably holds true with Macintosh as well.

Make sure google is fully closed (with Apple> exit if I remember MacOS commands) and that any of it's background existences (including google sync (part of setting I believe), cloudprint, ChromeApps etc)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I know this is the case for PCs but probably holds true with Macintosh as well. Make sure google is fully closed (with Apple> exit if I remember MacOS commands) and that any of it's background existences (including google sync (part of setting I believe), cloudprint, ChromeApps etc)

I can't find any Process with those names in Activity Monitor after closing Google Chrome. If this would really make a difference, why can't you make an update to CCleaner that does this automatically?

• Moderators

No, because I am not a developer or staff member of piriform. Sorry

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com