Hackers remote-controlling a car via WiFi

Andavari

• Moderators

yeah, made the news here too and Jeep were very quick to announce it only effects the models released in the US.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

With everyone reporting it was just Jeep I felt like it would go further because Uconnect is what they use in so many vehicles. Many a YouTube video states it's the best infotainment system in a car.

• Moderators

so cars will need 2 firewalls now.

and do we really need cars to have cellular data access?

interesting article on it here; http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/security/firewalls-cant-protect-todays-connected-cars-3620862/?linkId=15832850

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

and do we really need cars to have cellular data access?

Thinking primarily on a safety point it could help. May help parents keep their kids occupied on long trips too. Although I don't know if it would be the same experience I had as we'd drive by cows when I was young and mooo at them here in the midwest.

Thinking primarily on a safety point it could help. May help parents keep their kids occupied on long trips too. Although I don't know if it would be the same experience I had as we'd drive by cows when I was young and mooo at them here in the midwest.

With all the phones & tablets & netbooks & such, it will be a miracle if this generation of kids can recognize a cow.    

They never look up from their devices, whether in the car, at a picnic, or the dinner table. 

Mooo-ing at cows is just another time honored tradition that is disappearing.  :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Cars are becoming connected so they can sense one another and avoid accidents, however I still think it's a utopian ideal based in a world where these hacks don't occur.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Cars are becoming connected so they can sense one another and avoid accidents

Yes and there's been talk in the past about how the highways in the U.S. could benefit from 100% computer controlled autonomous ("self-driving") cars by drastically lifting the speed limit from 75mph to over 100mph. One guy talked about going 150mph or faster on the highway is a possibility with connected cars that talk to themselves to make crashing a thing of the past.

Edited by Andavari