Not Fixing Registry Entries

restar

I have attempted many times to scan for and fix registry issues. When I do, everything appears to go fine; the scan completes, all are already selected (and I've tried deselecting and then choosing 'select all'), and I click 'fix selected issues...'. I choose no, I don't want to backup changes to the registry, then click 'Fix All Selected Issues'. It does it's thing and shows that all of the issues have been fixed. However, when I scan for issues again, even if it's literally seconds after it has just supposedly fixed the issues, they all appear in the list again. What's going on???

• Moderators

The registry key(s) that won't remove will probably have to have Administrator access enabled upon them individually and manually, here's how:

1. Open RegEdit (Start -> Run -> Type in: Regedit.exe -> click OK).

2. Run CCleaner's Issues and have it detect the issues so that you know exactly where to find them.

3. Browse to those locations and right click the keys, select Permissions.

4. With Permissions open select Full Control so that it is ticked, then click OK to exit.

5. Run CCleaner's Issues again to see if it will remove the keys. You'll have to re-run CCleaner's Issues to verify the keys were removed.

---------

If that doesn't work, begin with #3 and this time instead of following what is listed in #4 click Add and then type in: Administrators

Then click OK to exit, then try #5 again.

Screenshot 1 (enabling Full Control):

adminpermissions17ci.th.png

Screenshot 2 (adding Administrators):

adminpermissions22mo.th.png

Unfortunately when I follow your directions I receive the following message: "Unable to save permission changes on ...." "Access is denied." It doesn't make any difference if I include just "Administrators" or my user name, or if I try to include both. System is not allowing me/administrators access. Any further suggestions either of what to try or where to go for info?

Thanks.

Unfortunately when I follow your directions I receive the following message: "Unable to save permission changes on ...." "Access is denied." It doesn't make any difference if I include just "Administrators" or my user name, or if I try to include both. System is not allowing me/administrators access. Any further suggestions either of what to try or where to go for info?

Thanks.

After you launch DAF, click the green check mark and click GO. Reboot when it has finished. And then try again.

DAF

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

EDIT: Sorry K I didnt see your reply :) Use this is you still have problems after following K's suggestion.

You could try resetting the permissions on all reg keys using SubInACL and allow full control to Admin and System.

Download and install SubInACL from Here

Which installs into this folder:

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

Open Notepad and save the contents of the code box into it

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=fsubinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=fsubinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=fsubinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=fsubinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=fsubinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=fsubinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=fsubinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

Goto File on the top bar of Notepad and then choose Save As, change the Save As Type to All Files and call it reset.cmd then save it into the 'Tools' folder so its in the same folder as SubInACL.

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

Next goto Start > Run > type

cmd

press enter then type these commands and press enter after each one.

cd "C:\Progra~1\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"

reset.cmd

It will take awhile to reset them all then reboot and try Ccleaner again

Andy

It seemed self-explanatory to me, but okay...

it says that if you keep getting the same entries listed every time you scan for Issues in CCleaner, run DAF's Repair Permissions tool.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

It seemed self-explanatory to me, but okay...

it says that if you keep getting the same entries listed every time you scan for Issues in CCleaner, run DAF's Repair Permissions tool.

I didn't read it, I was wanting an explanation of what the link is for.

Agreed on the permissions, and hopefully DAF was ran as suggested previously.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Still unable to resolve. When I attempt to open/extract the file, subinacl.msi, I get a message that Windows can't open it and the Microsoft page provides links to several other sites, none of which provide answers as to how to open it. Any further thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

2 hours later-

I think the problem is resolved. I ran dial a fix again and which then left an install wizard icon on the desktop. i was able to proceed from there per all your instructions above.

Thanks to all who contributed.

-badger