CCleaner Community Forums
jimextra

DFoptmize.binfiles..?

My SSD (128 GB ) is filled up with 45 DFoptimize.bin files, with all the same filesize (1,048 GB ).

Has this anything to do with Defraggler? Shoul I delete this files without any risk?

Tried to find an answer but till now.. nothing yet.

Speed of the SSD is going down, and there is a lack of space. Who helps?

post-73156-0-74969200-1434100750_thumb.jpg

hello jimextra :)

the answer can I leave only professionals,

--> but another point:  please dont defrag your ssd... that is unnecessary, given the speed and access times.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=40605&hl=ssd*&do=findComment&comment=246865

for not unintentionally SSD to defragment, disable the option to show your SSD in Defraggler ...

7b1117-1434135577.jpg

Not only unnecessary, but could shorten the drive's life drastically.

hello jimextra :)

the answer can I leave only professionals,

--> but another point:  please dont defrag your ssd... that is unnecessary, given the speed and access times.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=40605&hl=ssd*&do=findComment&comment=246865

for not unintentionally SSD to defragment, disable the option to show your SSD in Defraggler ...

7b1117-1434135577.jpg

I got the same problem too and may I ask can I delete DFoptimize.bin files? I got only 4mb space left because of those files :(

- When did you use Defraggler for the last time ? Compare that with the dates & times when these files were created.

- Run Defraggler another time. Does it create more of those files (look at time & date created &  modified).

- Run Piriform's CCleaner to delete a bunch of files.

I got the same problem too and may I ask can I delete DFoptimize.bin files? I got only 4mb space left because of those files :(

i wonder why no one was able to make a statement. i personally had no such case when using Defraggler but i dont use defrag free space and I seem to remember having read something already in our forum related with "defrag freespace" and this *.bin -files created from defraggler... but I dont remember the forum title ...

have you used "defrag freespace"?

Does it create more of those files (look at time & date created &  modified)

it will probably be no new files, his disk is full...

I did the same by mistake.

Defraggler lock over 60gb of my ssd.

Use Treewiz - located the DFoptimise files and deleted them all.

All running fine now.

I know it's an old post but I figure I will chime in as I just had similar problem and found a solution. 

I ran Defraggler on my SSD which had around 150 GBS free space. I set it to 'Optimize' and progress reached 74% and computer froze but on the screen I noticed that I had 19GB free space - which I understood it was going to happen during this process. After hard reboot I still had only 19 GBs of free space and over 100 of DFOptimize_xx.bin files on the root of my C drive. I tried different things I found online including this thread but free space didn't increase. So I started deleting them few at the time after I backed them up to another drive. After delete I rebooted and emptied trash. Repeated process few more times and all seemed to be working fine. So I just deleted all those files, emptied trash and reboot. All is still fine. So in a nutshell I could just delete all those files manually without a problem. When you delete it prompts saying that you need administrative permission to delete. so you confirm and done. 

I hope this was helpful.