Firefox/Mozilla cache cleaning was skipped.

Air-Wolf

make sure firefox is closed while cleaning.(look in process manager as well and make sure its not listed their either)

@rridgley: What if you have FF set to save the cache? Will that keep CC from cleaning it?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I second the post saying check FF has closed properly. Sometimes it will remain open, with no windows (also characterised by being prompted to make a new profile if you try to re-run it, with a message saying your profile is in use.

Press Shift+CTRL+ESC (2k/XP) to get the task manager up, and kill firefox.exe on the Processes tab if it's there.

If you aren't using CC's secure wipe, don't forget with FF1.5 and later (get 1.5.0.1 or the latest build at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html

) you can set FF to clear it's own private data when it closes.

HOWEVER FF will keep your cache until it next relaunches, in a "cache.trash" folder, this is another folder that CC removes if present.

If you can't see firefox.exe in the Task Manager, chances are you ran CC too soon after shutting FF, it takes most apps a moment to close properly after you get rid of their window(s).

Hope this helps

cde

If FF is running at the same time that you run CCleaner; CCleaner will display this message: "You must close Firefix/Mozilla to allow the Internet Cache to be cleaned. Otherwise this process will be skipped."

Are you receiving this warning message Air-Wolf?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips - I'm not getting a message to tell me that FF is still open when I try to run CC but I do normally run CC just after closing down FF - I'll try it now and let you know what happens.

Thanks

I just closed FF down - looked in Task Manager and no FF present, closed that and ran CC - guess what - it still won't clean the cache - says it skipped cleaning! Anymore ideas?

Thanks

Air-Wolf

I'm new here and this is my first post!

Hi,

I also have a problem with Firefox deletions, but not quite the same as above:

When I run CC Cleaner (v1.27.260) the files in my C:\Document and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles ... folder are being deleted ok. However, I have downloaded some PDF files and some video files which have been placed in a temp folder (....Local Settings\Temp) together with a lot of other .tmp files I don't recognise and these are not being cleaned out by CCC.

I am certain that on the last occasion I saw this path listed in the 'Files to Delete' list after running Cleaner, however they were not deleted and on re-running Cleaner the path is no longer listed.

Have I set something up wrong or is there a bug here? :(

Steve

Hello, and welcome to the CC forum.

Although it is not a fixed rule, it is generally better to start a new topic with a new question. Otherwise topics get confusing and cluttered with different answers to different questions.

Anyway, to your question: what is your %TEMP% environment variable? You can see its value in the Command Prompt: Start -> Run -> type cmd -> OK. Now type echo %temp% -> Enter.

[Edit] Also, in CCleaner, Options -> Advanced, do you have option 'Only delete Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours' checked? This would explain why certain files are not (yet) deleted.

Thanks pwillener!

The %TEMP% setting is: C:\DOCUME~1\STEVE\LOCALS~1\TEMP

And yes, the "Do not delete Windows temp files less than 48 hours old" is checked

However, most of this files in the folder are well in excess of 48 hours old!

The unknown .temp files I mentioned are all the ~DFxxxx.tmp files that are discussed in this post ( http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4337 ) and are nearly all 96 KB in size - one per day - with a few 16 KB and 32 KB thrown in.

I have just run CC Cleaner and it lists just one .wav file with a size of 0 KB in this TEMP folder to delete. The folder containe 154 files!!

Any further assistance will be much appreciated.

Steve

OK TRY THIS.................

Thinking about your earlier post, I closed all programs at the end of today and ran CC Cleaner as normal.

I then UNCHECKED the box under Options-Advanced that says "Only delete files in Windows Temp Folder older than 48 hours"

I ran Cleaner again and BINGO there listed for deletion were: 437 FILES AND 57 FOLDERS IN THE WINDOWS TEMP FOLDER ----ALL OLDER THAN 48 HOURS.

AND--- ALL THE 154 FILES IN THE Documents & settings\user\Local settings\Temp folder.

NOW IF THAT ISN'T A BUG IN THE PROGRAM, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

Is there anybody from CC Cleaner monitoring these posts? if so, take a look at this will you please guys.

Thanks!