ccleaner is crashing

nick

Hi:

I downloaded the newest version of ccleaner and now it is crashing everytime I try to run the cleaner. The rest of the program runs fine (add/remove programs etc.) but when I try to launch the cleaner it starts for about thirty seconds and then just shuts off and closes. What can I do? It worked fine before I downloaded the new version.

Thanks, Nick

Hi Nick, Welcome to the Forum :)

Can you try running Ccleaner in safe mode to see if it can complete the scan. (Reboot and keep tapping the F8 key untill you see the Windows Advanced Menu then choose safe mode from the list).

If it can complete the clean up in safe mode then reboot the system so it returns back to Normal mode and run it again to see if it solved the problem.

Also, make sure that you don't have the option to "close CCleaner when finished cleaning" checked. That also may be what's happening.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hi:

Thanks for the advise. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. Have you got any other suggestions?

Thanks, Nick

Hi Nick, Welcome to the Forum :)

Can you try running Ccleaner in safe mode to see if it can complete the scan. (Reboot and keep tapping the F8 key untill you see the Windows Advanced Menu then choose safe mode from the list).

If it can complete the clean up in safe mode then reboot the system so it returns back to Normal mode and run it again to see if it solved the problem.

Can you add your computer specs? That may help. Also which CCleaner build are you using?

Also, what antivirus are you using?

Does downloading/installing this help? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hey Nick , Go with Krits Advise as it will hopefully solve the issue, At first I thought there might be .exe files running from the temp folders that was causing the problem but even if there was it wouldnt run in safe mode so if its still crashing thats obviously not the problem. There's afew other cleaning tools you could try if it continues but I don't think it would be appropriate to promote them on here.

Does your event viewer show any problems ? Goto Start Menu > Run > then type

eventvwr

Press OK and check the Applications tab for Red circles with White X's , If you find one that maybe related double click it to open into a new window, left click and cover the text then press Control and C to copy to clipboard, you can then right click into a reply here and press Paste to post back the details on the errors. Also post the Event ID if you find problems which is displayed when you double click one of the errors,

Hi Nick,

I did some searching in the forum, and a lot of people have fixed that problem by unchecking automatic updates. Make sure that you do that, and update your visual basic. It should work after that. If it doesn't please post back with the error as Andy suggested.

K