Windows 10 available on July 29th

hazelnut

• Moderators

... see if I like it since my old Dell would likely cough up a part trying to run it.

you may be pleasantly surprised.

one of the ones I upgraded to Win10 was a six year old Dell Latitude with the only hardware issue being the wireless adapater.

I checked the Dell website and they had a "we don't support Windows 10 for your device" message when I searched for my make/model.

On all the units I've upgraded, that (and another laptop wireless adapter) were the only driver issues.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Folks I came across this little Windows 10 trick that might interest some (assuming you don't already know about it).

Record a video of an app

Windows 10’s new Game DVR function is supposed to be used for recording video evidence of your most glorious gaming moments, but it’ll actually let you create videos of any open app or desktop software (though not OS-level areas like File Explorer or the desktop).

To summon it, simply press Windows key + G. A prompt will ask you if you want to open the Game bar. Lie your butt off and click the “Yes, this is a game box” and various options will appear in a floating bar. Simply click the circular Record button to capture a video. You can find your saved videos in the Game DVR section of the Xbox app, or inside your user folder under Video > Captures.

However a caveat applies:

What hardware do I need to record Xbox game clips on my PC?
  • Your PC needs to have one of these video cards:
  • AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7000 series, HD 7000M series, HD 8000 series, HD 8000M series, R9 series, and R7 series.
  • NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later.
  • Intel: Intel HD graphics 4000 or later, Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later.
  • To check which kind of video card you have, go to the search box on the taskbar and search for “Device Manager.” In Device Manager, expand Display adapters.
  • You always have the option to take a screenshot of your game, even if you don’t have one of these video cards.

​In my case I only have a GeForce GT440, so I miss out..............hey I might upgrade to a GT600 series

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

you may be pleasantly surprised.

one of the ones I upgraded to Win10 was a six year old Dell Latitude with the only hardware issue being the wireless adapater.

I checked the Dell website and they had a "we don't support Windows 10 for your device" message when I searched for my make/model.

On all the units I've upgraded, that (and another laptop wireless adapter) were the only driver issues.

The Dell I'm using is circa 2003, so it's old, plus the hard disk is too small to bother with upgrading. I'd want all new more powerful hardware anyways.

More of a final release. I won't go back to 8.1 on that machine.

good to read. i have a dvd for upgrade. perhaps i go earlier to w10 as 2016

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

What hardware do I need to record Xbox game clips on my PC?

• Your PC needs to have one of these video cards:
  • AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7000 series, HD 7000M series, HD 8000 series, HD 8000M series, R9 series, and R7 series.
  • NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later.
  • Intel: Intel HD graphics 4000 or later, Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later.
  • To check which kind of video card you have, go to the search box on the taskbar and search for “Device Manager.” In Device Manager, expand Display adapters.
  • You always have the option to take a screenshot of your game, even if you don’t have one of these video cards.

... i have 720M

that will probably nothing with me. :wacko:

ps: Intel HD graphics 4000 --> :Dpuuuh, been lucky again.

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Not at all hazelnut simply: 

~simply press Windows key + G. A prompt will ask you if you want to open the Game bar. Lie your butt off and click the “Yes, this is a game box” and various options will appear in a floating bar. Simply click the circular Record button to capture a video. You can find your saved videos in the Game DVR section of the Xbox app, or inside your user folder under Video > Captures​

Give it a go and see what happens.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• Moderators

I did try. It said it couldn't do it at this time.

***Edit...you do have to be logged into an account...

To activate Game DVR, make sure you've logged in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. This can be found simply by typing "Xbox" into the start menu. You'll have to sign in using your Microsoft account. If you don't have an Xbox username (gamer tag) yet, it'll ask you to create one.

http://www.windowscentral.com/use-windows-10-xbox-app-record-games-programs

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

For those of us who don't like the new start menu it seems Classic Shell 4.2.3RC supports Windows 10.

For those who feel they need it.

Classic Shell 4.2.4 is released [Aug 9th, 2015]

This is the first version to officially support Windows 10. It fixes all known crashes and compatibility issues with Windows 10.

http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4938

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

I did try. It said it couldn't do it at this time.

***Edit...you do have to be logged into an account...

http://www.windowscentral.com/use-windows-10-xbox-app-record-games-programs

I am on a local account and have the option, But I'm also logged into the xbox app so maybe that's the reason.

Also disapointed my desktop gpu is one model below the cutoff for directx 12 (have a AMD hd6670 :( )

hazelnut  sorry if I gave you a bum steer but I'm not logged in to my MS account (well not to my knowledge) however it works for me...........well I get as far as it telling me I do not have the required hardware.

I'm also not an Xbox person, not sure how one logs into Xbox (best ask my Daughter I suppose).

Apologies once again.  :huh:

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• Moderators

hazelnut  sorry if I gave you a bum steer but I'm not logged in to my MS account (well not to my knowledge) however it works for me...........well I get as far as it telling me I do not have the required hardware.

I'm also not an Xbox person, not sure how one logs into Xbox (best ask my Daughter I suppose).

Apologies once again.  :huh:

No apologies need Tasgandy. Win 10 is a learning curve for us all and without your posts I wouldn't have certain info about this that I have now  :)

You can check what account you are using by going into Settings ..accounts.

I only sign in to my Mic account when I use Outlook and then I sign out again.  I don't do games (apart from hunt the spammer) so cannot see the need for me to create an xbox username.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Well Hazelnut, you talked me into it and I installed Win10. So it's all your fault. :lol: j/k

My first impression was that this looks like a phone app that can't handle Glass or Aero. And what's with the "Hi" intro. What am I? 16?

I still haven't found OS/C> anywhere. Too much Win8 filling my "start" box. I remember you linked to something recently that shows more of a Win7 start menu. I'll look for that.

Took quite a long time for FF to fully load the first time. I guess the OS was having a fun time figuring out that it wasn't Edge.

I do still have WMP so that's good.

• Moderators

If you install Classic Shell then you will know where you are. I don't use it but many folk do.

http://www.classicshell.net/

In the meantime use the little file icon that looks like it has a handle in the taskbar, click on it and all will become clear. (This PC is what used to be called My Computer)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

See here

http://www.windowscentral.com/replace-those-white-title-bars-windows-10-colors-theme

Again Corona I don't use anything but the default so I cannot vouch for how they look or act.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

got my first incompatibility with Windows 10.

Oracle VirtualBox, I'm on version 4, they have a 5 but not yet fully compatible.

So it's either wait or go finding another VM.

Anybody got any current VM software that they have tested with W10?

Also disapointed my desktop gpu is one model below the cutoff for directx 12 (have a AMD hd6670 :( )

a nice and fast card. why not all card with dx9c and better...

For those interested: How to install Win 10 on a Mac!!

http://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/how-to-install-windows-10-technical-preview-as-a-virtual-machine/

Not sure why but for those with time on their hands!!!

Forgot to say there's a video at the bottom of the page.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• Moderators

If you have Win10 Pro Hyper-v has been working for me. I gave up on orcale during the Tech previews because it was constantly breaking.

thanks, I'll check it out.

Thanks again Hazelnut for that ClassicShell link. I went into its settings today and found out how to get back 99% of my old Win7 Start menu the way I had it laid out earlier.

As an extra plus I downloaded 8GadgetPack Tools and got my analog clock back. :wub:

The windows' white header solve you posted only lets you turn the headers blue, but only if you use its generic Win10 desktop. No biggie, I will survive. ( I wonder if WindowBlinds is trying to tweak W10s' GUI these days.  :huh:  )

------------------

Just looked. They seem pretty peed waiting for a new version that's compatible.