Progress bar just wont stop

I am running v 1.27.260 and the cleaner will analyze my system fine. When I run the cleaner the system will just run and not ever finish. The progrss bar just keeps scrolling.I can run the reg issues analyze and fix just fine. I can remove items from the start up and delete programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same. I can only stop CC with task manager.help, I really like this program

I am running v 1.27.260 and the cleaner will analyze my system fine. When I run the cleaner the system will just run and not ever finish. The progrss bar just keeps scrolling.I can run the reg issues analyze and fix just fine. I can remove items from the start up and delete programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same. I can only stop CC with task manager.help, I really like this program

Usually the first time you do a cleaning with CCleaner, it takes a long time, and then goes much faster every time thereafter. Look for the hard drive light on your computer's tower; is it blinking rapidly when the progress bar is moving? If so, that means that most likely CCleaner is just doing its job, and it is taking a while. Be patient, and see if it finishes.

However, if the hard drive light is not blinking, or only blinking periodically, most likely CCleaner is frozen. Bring up Task Manager and see is CCleaner is listed as 'Not Responding'. If it is, then CCleaner is frozen, but otherwise, just wait it out.

Another thing to check is if you have secure file deletion enabled or not. This overwrites your files multiple times to prevent information theft, but also leads to your cleaning taking far longer than normal. To turn this off, click CCleanerButton-Options.png, then click 'Settings', and under Secure Deletion, mark the 'Normal file deletion (Faster)' radio button.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• 2 months later...

Another thing to check is if you have secure file deletion enabled or not. This overwrites your files multiple times to prevent information theft, but also leads to your cleaning taking far longer than normal.

version 1.29.295:

It happens sometimes (not always) with secure deletion enabled.

If I click cancel, it stops running (so the program is not 'frozen')

If I run it again (same window), it will usually finish the deletion

very quickly.

I notice that there are usually some files deleted the second time,

so it is hanging somewhere in the middle of the deletion process.

I do not have this problem for the 'normal' deletion, only secure.

-- dae