interesting mental test

hazelnut

That's pretty cool. It tripped me out at first. :D

But there is a trick (kinda).

The way that you are supposed to calculate the numbers makes only 10 possible solutions. Therefore, no matter what number you choose your total will be 1 out of 10 possibilities. They get lucky. :D But it's still fun.

Any number between 90 to 99 will = 81

80 to 89 = 72

70 to 79 = 63

60 to 69 = 54

50 to 59 = 45

40 to 49 = 36

30 to 39 = 27

20 to 29 = 18

10 to 19 = 9

0 to 9 = 0

All of these 10 possibilities have the same picture. ; )

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Scratch the 0 to 9. You have to choose a 2 digit number. So that makes 9 possible solutions total.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hmm... that is very strange...

I'm trying to think of any way on Earth that this Flash Mind Reader could be so amazingly accurate. I ran it 10 times in a row, and it only showed me the wrong symbol once. I would be amazed if it had maybe 50% accuracy, but 90%?!

There must be some kind of logical sequence of numbers that the human brain thinks in or something, cause I can't think of any other way that this thing could be so accurate. I would be interested in seeing the code for this app...

Nifty find, hazelnut. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hmm... that is very strange...

I'm trying to think of any way on Earth that this Flash Mind Reader could be so amazingly accurate. I ran it 10 times in a row, and it only showed me the wrong symbol once. I would be amazed if it had maybe 50% accuracy, but 90%?!

There must be some kind of logical sequence of numbers that the human brain thinks in or something, cause I can't think of any other way that this thing could be so accurate. I would be interested in seeing the code for this app...

Nifty find, hazelnut. :)

If one was wrong then you did your math wrong once. If you do your math correctly the picture will be right every time. And you don't need to stare/concentrate on the picture. Just look at it, the click the ball, and it will be a match.

If one was wrong then you did your math wrong once. If you do your math correctly the picture will be right every time. And you don't need to stare/concentrate on the picture. Just look at it, the click the ball, and it will be a match.

Ok, now poor lokoike's head really hurts.

How would it know what number it was that I had in my head? For example, lets say that I thought of the numbers 2 & 3. Together the numbers would equal 5, which subtracted from from 23 is equal to 18, which is a picture of cross. But what if I was to instead choose 6 and 7, and which added together is 13, which subtracted from 67 is 54? 54 is a picture of a flower.

So I could have chosen either pair of numbers, and would have received two different answers. How did this app know whether I was going to pick 2 & 3 or 6 & 7? I gave the application no prior information, and I didn't hold my mouse over either of the pictures; all I did was click the circle in the middle.

So without any information from me, and 9 different symbols to choose from, how does it manage to give me the correct answer nearly every time? What am I missing here?

By the way, I just ran it three more times to test out the numbers I mentioned above, and it was correct every time again!

ding, ding!

Ok, now poor lokoike's head really hurts.

How would it know what number it was that I had in my head? For example, lets say that I thought of the numbers 2 & 3. Together the numbers would equal 5, which subtracted from from 23 is equal to 18, which is a picture of cross. But what if I was to instead choose 6 and 7, and which added together is 13, which subtracted from 67 is 54? 54 is a picture of a flower.

The instructions tell you to choose a double digit number. If you choose a single digit number then you didn't follow the instructions.

So I could have chosen either pair of numbers, and would have received two different answers. How did this app know whether I was going to pick 2 & 3 or 6 & 7?

You aren't supposed to pick a single digit number. If you pick a single digit number, and follow the math instructions you will get a negative number.

So without any information from me, and 9 different symbols to choose from, how does it manage to give me the correct answer nearly every time? What am I missing here?[/size]

Read post #2

By the way, I just ran it three more times to test out the numbers I mentioned above, and it was correct every time again!

I don't know an easier way to explain it. It's just a math trick! ;)

@lokoike

The instructions give an example. "If you choose 23: 2+3=5. 23 minus 5 will give you your answer. Post #2 gives a more thorough explanation, but this test may help.

When the screen appears look at the pictures by numbers 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81. They all have the same picture, look at a different picture than what is associated with those numbers. The ball will get it wrong.

1. Pick a number from 2 to 9. It can be 2 or it can be 9, or any number in between.

2. Take the number that you've chosen, and multiply it by 9.

3. That should give you a two digit number. Take those two digits and add them together.

4. Take the resulting number and subtract 5 from it.

5. Take that number and correspond it to the alphabet, numbering the letters 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, and so on.

6. Take your letter, and think of a country that begins with that letter.

7. Take the last letter in the name of that country, and think of an animal.

8. Now, take the last letter in the name of that animal, and think of a color.

DON'T POST YOU ANSWER! I'LL POST IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

The instructions tell you to choose a double digit number. If you choose a single digit number then you didn't follow the instructions.

You aren't supposed to pick a single digit number. If you pick a single digit number, and follow the math instructions you will get a negative number.

Right, I was picking a two digit number, although I wrote it as a pair of 2 single digit numbers, which is technically the same thing.

And I just figured it out! happy dance

I knew from K's previous post that any number you end up with will be divisble by 9, but I didn't realize that the symbols associated with the numbers changed each time you do it!

Example: lets say the number you get is 18, and the symbol for 18 (and every other number divisble by 9) is a star. Click the ball, and you get a star. Then try playing again. If you look at the number 18 in the list, its symbol will be different this time. All of the numbers divisble by 9 may have been stars before, but now they are, say, a crosses instead. So you will get different symbols, even though you are still getting the same numbers!

So all that the program does is randomly assign a different symbol with each number every time you run it!

Sorry if this was what you were trying to tell me all along, K!

ding, ding!

So all that the program does is randomly assign a different symbol with each number every time you run it!

Sorry if this was what you were trying to tell me all along, K!

I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm glad that you figured it out! ;)

I'm not very good at explaining things.

Oh, I doubt that is where the problem lies. After all, I believe it was you who figured it out in the first.

lokoike is kinda sloooooowwwww... :P

ding, ding!

Oh, I doubt that is where the problem lies. After all, I believe it was you who figured it out in the first.

lokoike is kinda sloooooowwwww... :P

Whatever! You're not sloooowwww.... :D Maybe a smart**s though. :lol:

Whatever! You're not sloooowwww.... :D Maybe a smart**s though. :lol:

SmartDumbAss.png

:D:lol:

ding, ding!

1. Pick a number from 2 to 9. It can be 2 or it can be 9, or any number in between.

2. Take the number that you've chosen, and multiply it by 9.

3. That should give you a two digit number. Take those two digits and add them together.

4. Take the resulting number and subtract 5 from it.

5. Take that number and correspond it to the alphabet, numbering the letters 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, and so on.

6. Take your letter, and think of a country that begins with that letter.

7. Take the last letter in the name of that country, and think of an animal.

8. Now, take the last letter in the name of that animal, and think of a color.

DON'T POST YOU ANSWER! I'LL POST IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

The majority of English-speaking people will arrive at ORANGE.

If you really want to freak out ... don't even think of a number, and then press the button.

Now, that is genious :lol: How did it know what I wasn't even thinking about thinking of a number? Jeez ! :blink:

Methinks I'm being mocked.

sending burtman the 'lokoike Virus'

ding, ding!