Firefox Internet Cache very slow cleaning

TopGeek

The question that remains is, what happens when it comes to the next update? Does the update file also contain the revenue generating bundle?

No, google won't install from an update after you once refuse it. You won't see the Google offer again for a while, somewhere I read a year, but maybe longer. 

But it's always a good idea to go slowly through any installer.  Some have very clever ways to install things you don't want. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

somewhere I read a year, but maybe longer

Most installers I've seen that bundle Google set a registry key rather the bundleware is installed or not, and in that registry key is the timescale of when it will be offered again.

Edit:

Should state each software sets its own unique registry key so opting out with say CCleaner won't automatically opt out for another unrelated software installation.

Edited by Andavari

I am having same problems. VERY slow, so far only solution is to close cleaner, open cleaner, reset to normal file deletion, run that, reset to secure file deletion (1) run that, etc. etc. Which is MUCH faster than the 10-15 minutes I times it to go through the process the only two times it completed it. Every other instance it locks up get CCleaner non responsive message and forvce close.

Other issues 1) it  thinks google and Firefox are open when they are not. I get the message do you want to force close them??? 2) It skips google internet cache, cookies and history after first normal clean.

Wish we coiuld go back to perevious version.

• Moderators

Firefox and chrome, even though you exit the program, are not always properly closed (often an add-on or a setting like cloud print keep them running in the background) open task manager and check the processes/detail tab for orphaned instances.

If you wish to go back to an older version of ccleaner, the filehippo download link from ccleaner.com/download has older versions archived. (Edit: ninja'd by A)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com