Windows Updates

I have found that since the latest CCleaner update I have been unable to complete my Windows Updates without running a Windows Update troubleshooter to repair files. I have since disabled System monitoring and active monitoring and now am having no problems with Windows Updates running CCleaner just from my recycle bin.

- Yes, I have seen the same thing happening on my system but (for the time being) I don't blame CC (yet). Don't know what to make of it.

- Yes, running CCleaner can indeed "mess up" Windows Update (WU). If one cleans out some folders (e.g. "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution") and the registry between the installing those updates and a system restart, then the user (& WU) runs into trouble. WU simply needs those (temporary) files/that info to be able to update one's system.

- Which folders were cleaned by CCleaner ? Select "Option", "Advanced", "Save all settings to INI file". Then a file called "Ccleaner.ini" shows up in the CCleaner folder. Please attach that file to your next reply.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!