hot fix registry leftovers

Jon

if you have ccleaner remove the hotfix uninstallers, then run issues, there are a bunch of "uninstaller reference issue"s in the registry for some of the same hot fixes. can ccleaner automatically take care of those when it removes the uninstaller files? thanks, jon

if you have ccleaner remove the hotfix uninstallers, then run issues, there are a bunch of "uninstaller reference issue"s in the registry for some of the same hot fixes. can ccleaner automatically take care of those when it removes the uninstaller files? thanks, jon

Do not use the 'hotfix uninstaller option'!!! There is a bug in it. Please read the following threads, and keep yourself up-to-date/informed about any registry cleaners that you are using.

Read 1st

Read 2nd

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I love hostile reponses:

1--i just downloaded it and ran it. if the hot fix uninstaller is broken, then it should be removed until it is fixed -- not everyone should be a total expert on every flakey feature...

2--i read the first thread, it is very long, and it makes almost no sense. i passed up the opportunity to read the second. it's full of opinions, admitted mistatements, guesses, etc. what's the point?

net: if I had time to read all of the forums for all of the applications that i use, i wouldn't need the applications because i wouldn't have any time to use them.

if the best answer anyone has is you fouled up by using a feature that someone, in some forum thread knows is broken, but isn't disabled in the program, then the users should turn away or risk serious damage to their systems.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I wasn't being hostile. I was being blunt because if you're going to use a reg cleaner you do need to stay informed about it.

As for the bug in the hotfix uninstaller option, we the users, don't have a control over removing it. The best that I can do is tell newbies ASAP. The threads that I posted have many Microsoft links that are not opinions, and are very informative.

If you use a System Restore point that is prior to running the hotfix uninstaller it will replace your $hf_mig$ folder.

Good luck!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)