ublock users

hazelnut

firefox legacy v1.16.4.1

gorhill released this

5 days ago

no entrys... for fixed

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

ublock v1.16.10

gorhill released this

a day ago

Closed as fixed:

Chromium

• Early injection of scriptlets (see c5d8588).
    • Using tabs.executeScript() to inject scriptlets at document_start allows to inject scriptlets earlier and hence increase likelihood that the scriptlets will win the race against a page's scripts.

Firefox

Core

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 3 weeks later...

ublock v1.16.12

gorhill released this

5 days ago

Closed as fixed:

Chromium-based browsers

Core

• 3 weeks later...

firefox legacy v1.16.4.2

gorhill released this

on 17 Jun

firefox legacy v1.16.4.3

gorhill released this

3 days ago

Closed as fixed:

firefox legacy v1.16.4.4

gorhill released this

2 days ago

• 4 weeks later...

ublock v1.16.16

gorhill released this

9 hours ago

New

A new pane has been added in the dashboard for the Firefox version of uBO: Shortcuts. The purpose is to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts to some common operations. (Chromium-based browsers have a centralized keyboard shortcut UI, so the pane is not necessary for Chromium-based browsers.)

Closed as fixed:

Firefox

Core

• 2 weeks later...

ublock v1.16.18

gorhill released this

2 days ago

I decided to create an emergency fix for a bug which was spotted for uMatrix but which also affects uBO:
"My rules tab hangs with cloud storage support"

If using cloud storage, there is a small probability uBO could be stuck in an infinite loop when reading back the data from the cloud storage, something which may occurs when the following conditions are fulfilled:

• You checked the setting "Enable cloud storage support";
  • You saved data into the cloud storage for a given pane;
  • The amount (in bytes) of data that was saved into the cloud storage for that given pane is rather high and such that the "chunkification" of that data results in a chunk count which is a multiple of 16;
    • Large amount of data is more likely for the "My filters" and "My rules" panes.
    • Sorry for the cryptic explanation, I don't know how else to describe this.
  • You open the pane in the dashboard for which the conditions above are true.

If the bug is triggered, uBO could be stuck in an infinite loop in its main process, thus preventing it from doing its job.

This is not a regression, but rather a bug that has been hiding in there since quite a long time.

Commit history since 1.16.16

ublock v1.16.20

gorhill released this

2 days ago

No change from 1.16.18, I didn't upload properly on AMO and I was not allowed to re-upload without bumping up the version number.

• 4 weeks later...

ublock v1.17.0

gorhill released this

a day ago

New

Per-site JavaScript master switch

A new per-site switch has been added to the popup panel, which acts as a master switch for JavaScript for the current site.

a

This master switch has precedence over dynamic filtering rules and static filters related to script resources.

Furthermore, when JavaScript is disabled through this master switch, noscript tags will be honoured on a page (as opposed to when just using filters/rules to block script resources).

As with some other per-site switches, the default state of per-site JavaScript master switch can be set in the Settings pane, thus allowing to disable JavaScript everywhere by default, and enable on a per-site basis:

a

JavaScript master switch rules appear as no-scripting: [hostname] true entries in the My rules pane.

Temporarily toggle per-site switches

From now on, changes to the state of per-site switches will be deemed temporary if and only if the overview panel is visible, regardless of whether "advanced user" mode is enabled.

When the overview panel is not visible, toggling a per-site switch will cause the change to be permanent (i.e. same behavior as before).

However, when the overview panel is visible, toggling a per-site switch will cause the change to be temporary. In such case, there will be an eraser and a padlock icon in the overview pane, which can be used to revert or persist the current state of all the per-site switches.

Cache storage compression

A new advanced setting: cacheStorageCompression, default to true. When true, uBO will lz4-compress data before storing it in its cache storage in supported platforms. Currently, the only supported platform is Firefox/Firefox for Android.

The cache storage is used for storing downloaded filter lists, compiled filter lists, selfies. See uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues#141 for related discussion.

Closed as fixed

Firefox

Firefox for Android

Core

• Moderators

The new version in the post above also removes the ability to be used on old versions of Chrome/Chromium used on older OS legacy machines with XP/Vista. Can't remember exactly since I'm not on the old computer but I thought it stated Chrome/Chromium v51 or v52 is required.

• 4 weeks later...

firefox legacy v1.16.4.5

gorhill released this

6 days ago

ublock v1.17.2

gorhill released this

4 days ago

No change since 1.17.0: this release is for the benefit of Firefox users, who will be able to take advantage of an up to date resources.txt asset. This new version will be published on AMO only.

• 1 month later...

ublock v1.17.4

gorhill released this

Dec 1, 2018

Notes

I will keep bringing in WebAssembly ("wasm") versions of key portions of code where it is found to be beneficial. In this release, a wasm version of the algorithm used to lookup a hostname from a set of hostnames has been created (related benchmark page).

However, only the Firefox version of uBO benefits from this at this point, as it's is not possible to use wasm in the Chromium version without adding 'unsafe-eval' to the extension's own Content Security Policy in its manifest -- which is not something I am willing to do (my view is that any extension using 'unsafe-eval' should be assumed malicious by default). It works in Firefox because the wasm module is loaded using a same-origin fetch, meaning the module can only be loaded from uBO's own package, which is probably what Chromium ought to implement.

Closed as fixed

Firefox

Core

Please note that GitHub no longer supports old versions of Firefox.

We recommend upgrading to the latest Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.

Supported browsers

We design GitHub to support the latest web browsers. We support the current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.

Firefox Extended Support Release

We do our best to support Firefox's latest Extended Support Release (ESR). Older versions of Firefox may disable some features on GitHub and require the latest version of Firefox.

Beta and developer builds

You may encounter unexpected bugs in beta and developer builds of our supported browsers. If you encounter a bug on GitHub in one of these unreleased builds, please verify that it also exists in the stable version of the same browser. If the bug only exists in the unstable version, consider reporting the bug to the browser developer.

• 1 month later...

i wonder, why i become no updates of ublock

On 1.12.2018 at 20:31, trium said:

Firefox Extended Support Release

We do our best to support Firefox's latest Extended Support Release (ESR). Older versions of Firefox may disable some features on GitHub and require the latest version of Firefox.

i use ff esr 52.9.0 and ---> as a matter of fact - no new updates... but there are some

firefox legacy v1.16.4.6

gorhill released this

Dec 4, 2018

firefox legacy v1.16.4.7

gorhill released this

Jan 20, 2019

• Moderators

Might be an idea for Chrome and FF users to have a read of this thread about the proposed changes browsers are making regarding web requests by third party software.

https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues/338

It prompted Gorhill (uBlock Origin dev) to say this yesterday

I won't tell people what to do. I am pointing out that removing the blocking ability of the webRequest API means the death of uBO, I won't work to make uBO less than what it is now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

This issue and its consequences  is now being picked up by different news sites around the web

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/01/22/chrome-extension-manifest-v3-could-end-ublock-origin-for-chrome/

Could this have been Google's plan all along? Create a web browser and use it to combat the use of content blockers? Block some annoying ads, allow basic content blockers, and block any other form of content blocking to make sure that Google's advertising business improves again?

Some users would certainly move to Firefox if uBlock Origin, uMatrix, and other content blockers would no longer work in Chrome-based browsers. Even if millions would migrate, it would still leave Chrome dominate the entire desktop browser market.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com