Problem with new version

Hi all,

Using Defraggler v2.19.982 (64-bit) on Windows v7 SP1

I just updated the free version to the above ref no.

I've used the previous versions to defrag my C: drive and have had no problems with Defraggler previously.

I haven't used this updated version before now.

I have an external HDD that connects via USB and after deleting a load of files from it I thought I'd use Defraggler on it.

What I've found happening is that if after getting Defraggler to Analyse and then telling it to Defrag, it goes ahead, eventually telling me that it's going to take more than 1 day for the job and nothing then seems to actually be defragged.

It tells me what file it's working on but nothing seems to actually be done, no matter how long I leave it. So I end up cancelling it.

However, if after analysing the drive and then selecting some of the files in the file list, it goes ahead and completes the task in what seems to be it's usual time as for use on the C: drive.

My query is that with the update has some sort of an error crept in?

I haven't used the updated version on my C: drive yet as I'm still Defraggling the external drive 20 files at a time ;)

So I don't know yet if it will be the same thing happening with a straightforward analyse and defrag of the C: drive giving the same over a day completion estimate etc., or whether it's just happening with my external drive.

Thought I should mention this error here as I've had no problems using Defragler with previous versions on my C: drive.