2.1 PC Gaming Music Speakers

Tasgandy

Whilst I love my Movies played on the Lounge room flat screen TV when hooked up to my home theatre sound system, I do enjoy my music with the volume screwed up, heaps of base whilst I'm sitting at my PC beavering/tapping away on the keyboard, so I decided to shout myself a birthday present...........hang the expense. 

For those interested in "BIG sound" check out The Corsair SP-2500 PC Speaker review at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVSuYaeFW70 I reluctantly retired my 6 year old Logitech Z4 which have served me very well over the years. 

Well after unpacking the huge box that arrived, reading the instruction booklet that came with it (first time I've ever done that), BUT I just wanted to make sure as these puppies were not cheap, especially for this "Ole" retired gent.

Well I can honestly say that I'm not disappointed with their performance, they lived up every inch to the review from the Wide Screen Gaming Foundation (see above link), they are outstanding.

One nice sensible touch is the "Desk control" that it uses, apart from performing all the necessary programs/EQ'q etc. you can "power on/off" from your desktop. The only down side that may apply to those who do not have a lot of room in and around your PC is that the Sub-woofer is very big. This was not an issue for me.

http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-audio-series-sp2500-high-power-2-1-pc-speaker-system    

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

yeah Tas, but at $270'ish dollars, they would want to be good - really good.

that's a premium price tag so I'm glad you got your premium sound quality.

don't you love it when you actually do get what you pay for. :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

yeah Tas, but at $270'ish dollars, they would want to be good - really good.

that's a premium price tag so I'm glad you got your premium sound quality.

don't you love it when you actually do get what you pay for. :)

Yes mta you are right, that amount of dollars $279.00 plus freight/insurance with a final total of $333.10 represented a big leap of faith in many reviews that I read. Not being able to easily hear/view/hands on the speakers prior to purchase is probably the only downside of living some 3 hours away from the suppliers that I normally use.

Seriously mta they are worth every penny I paid and how true are your words "don't you love it when you actually do get what you pay for". By the way both of those suppliers of mine have just increased the price by $10.00

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

I prefer 2.1 speakers for music myself, the Altec Lansing speaker system I got at a bargain price under $100 USD have surround speakers that I never even took out of the packaging. And you're right about big subwoofers, they have a large footprint.