Large log files being created by scheduled defrag?

John G.

I am running Defraggler on a Server 2008R2 box.  I have set it up to run scheduled defrags on Sundays.  I used the GUI interface to do this, and it created a standard looking Task for it that executes this:

C:\Program Files\Defraggler\df64.exe "C:" /ts /user "Administrator" /appPath "C:\Program Files\Defraggler"

It seems to work well.  However, today I happened to look in the Defraggler folder and found that there are large log files that seem to get created every time the scheduled task runs.  They look like this:

df64.exe.[2_15_742][2015-02-22_10-21].txt

Why are these being created?  They range anywhere from 5MB to 40MB in size (so I've got like 1.5GB of them total).

Do scheduled task versions of Defraggler always create these?  Or only when there is an error or other problem?

I'm trying to determine if I can just ignore/delete them.  Or if they mean something more (i.e. a problem) that I should look into.

- John...

df64.exe.[2_15_742][2015-02-22_10-21].txt

all of this with [2_15] [2_16] [2_17] --> the intended leftovers of the predecessors of Defraggler 2.18

the date is currently...

have you installed version 2.18?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Um, yes, I noticed there is a newer version and have upgraded to it now.

Are you saying that this is a KNOWN ISSUE with v2.15 through v2.17 then?  Or are you just ignoring the issue because I happen to not be running the latest version?

I have since upgraded and the scheduled weekly scan will run soon and I'll see if it does it again.  But I am fairly certain that it WILL happen again.  Which leads us back to my original question/issue.

- John...

• Moderators

Or are you just ignoring the issue because I happen to not be running the latest version? 
Yes, but 'ignoring' isn't really correct. It is not possible to see if a reported bug exists in a current version and thus needs a fix if it is reported from a lesser version.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com