Help removing Handbrake

JemW

I installed Handbrake earlier today and then uninstalled it completely including manual removal of ALL directories created on installation. Also checked the registry but CCleaner stubbornly lists Handbrake under Applications. Is it possible to find out where CCleaner is 'pointing' for that entry? No uninstaller I've tried helps either.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Hazelnut is correct Handbrake creates an AppData folder labeled "Handbrake" (minus the quotes). Also don't forget the Program Files folder where it would've been originally installed.

If you don't have Handbrake leftovers in those folder areas it may help to restart Windows and then see if CCleaner still detects it.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. Handbrake shows under applications. I exported winapp.ini and checked the handbrake entries. I don't have any of the folders or registry entries...What else might be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

@JemW -  What exactly were the "well hidden entries"?

• Moderators

I don't have it installed but based upon guessing look in:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software - then see if Handbrake is listed in there, if it is manually remove that entry.

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software - then see if Handbrake is listed in there, if it is manually remove that entry.

* Your user profile folder's application data folder.

* Program Files folder.

Handbrake really doesn't "hide" files/registry data, it stores them in normal areas.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I have tried to export and create a winapp but I cannot.  I'm rather clueless when it comes to cmd.  I tried to create the path and it kept failing on me.

Is there a chance somebody can actually list the registry keys for Handbrake so I can fully remove it.  I got rather annoyed with the cmd so I don't particularly want to try that again because I don't know what to do differently.

• Moderators

you shouldn't need to go near the CMD prompt.

what you are after is the EXPORT switch, some documentation can be found here; http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/command-line-parameters

look in the winapp.ini file that will be created for any references to handbrake.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Where to look when I get the winapp is the easy bit, it's making one that I'm clueless over.  Your EXPORT switch reference went straight over my head, I'm still none the wiser.  I have looked in that doc section and I thought I had to go to cmd and put in a path that leads to ccleaner.exe then put /EXPORT after it but it didn't do anything.  Something about no path specified or something.  I can't be too accurate with what it said as I tried that yesterday but you seem to be saying I don't need any of that anyway.

• Moderators
This is where Handbrake puts stuff, according to what was in CCleaner:

Registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\Handbrake_RASAPI32

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\Handbrake_RASMANCS

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Handbrake.exe

Filesystem:

%AppData%\HandBrake

Edited by Andavari