How to get rid of Google Chrome in Cleaner list.

pompste

What I don`t understand is why ccleaner does`nt have a "delete" option for the 10 items listed under google chrome in tools--startup--google chrome.

Also I have 2 other software programs that "had" google chrome browser listed in it and don`t anymore since I did all the reg cleaning,so apparently I`ve cleaned it well enough for those 2 programs to "not" detect google chrome anymore.

Ccleaner is the only program I have still detecting it.

Here, CCleaner lists only those 2 entries in post #3 as google startup tasks.
Neither of those shows up when doing a manual registry search.

CCleaner offers the option to enable, disable, or delete them.  
I used application called Autoruns by Sysinternals to confirm that the entries are there.

They show up in the "Scheduled Tasks" tab. 

Autoruns offers the additional option to "Jump to Entry" or "jump to Folder".
When I click "jump to Entry" it takes me to a folder called "C:\windows\Tasks".
In that folder is a list of scheduled tasks.
There I can just manually delete the task.

However, and this is apparently different from your situation, If I delete a task using either CCleaner or Autoruns, it no longer shows up in either application, nor in the C:\windows\Tasks folder.  So you shouldn't have to elete them manually.  Afaik  ??

So, something to try, use Autoruns, the Scheduled Tasks tab, and try "Jump to Entry".
See if there are google tasks present in that folder (it will probably be different on win 7) and try to delete them manually or by using the Autoruns tab.  

After all this, if you have not run screaming off into the wild, you may have to uninstall and reinstall CCleaner . . . saving your settings as mta suggested would make it easier.  

And, if I may be so bold, never give up.   :)
You are smarter than a computer.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

On the google chrome items in startup, did you right click on them and select to open it in regedit?

That reminded me if there's a Chrome add-on left behind causing this, open CCleaner and go into:

Tools > Startup > Google Chrome

Then right-click the add-on and select:

Open containing folder

That reminded me if there's a Chrome add-on left behind causing this, open CCleaner and go into:

Tools > Startup > Google Chrome

Then right-click the add-on and select:

Open containing folder

As mentioned,there are 10 items listed under google chrome in tools--startup--google chrome.

After right click on each it only offers to "enable" and "save to text file".

• Moderators

This is what I'm referring to, I figure a screenshot works better than trying to explain:

post-26-0-32240200-1424509557_thumb.png

That screenshot was from CCleaner 5.02.5101 which to me seems buggy in its detection of browser add-ons! It was showing me Adobe Flash Player in "C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia" which I haven't had installed for over a month, and I know for sure all traces are fully removed from my system. Now in the older version of CCleaner that I prefer to use it doesn't have that issue whatsoever!

Edited by Andavari

This is what I'm referring to, I figure a screenshot works better than trying to explain:

attachicon.gifCCleanerToolsStartupGoogleChrome.png

That screenshot was from CCleaner 5.02.5101 which to me seems buggy in its detection of browser add-ons! It was showing me Adobe Flash Player in "C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia" which I haven't had installed for over a month, and I know for sure all traces are fully removed from my system. Now in the older version of CCleaner that I prefer to use it doesn't have that issue whatsoever!

What older version of ccleaner are you using?

I'm using 4.17.4808, available at:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/58488/

I uninstalled v.5.02.5101 and installed v.4.17.4808.

This time it lists nothing at all under google chrome in tools--startup--google chrome in version 4.17.4808. All 10 entries listed under google chrome in v.5.02.5101 are now gone.

But can you believe it still lists google chrome and all it`s cleaning options in the app list?

Maybe this issue is really a Ccleaner bug.I base this thought since all my other software programs are "not" detecting anything google chrome anymore---just ccleaner is.

Reverting back to version 4.17.4808 did eliminate all 10 items under google chrome under startup,but it still lists google chrome in the apps list.

I know there are much more important things in life than this issue---but since I have it whittled down to just google chrome in the apps list---anyone have any thoughts on how to get rid of that?

If this issue ever gets resolved,at least there would be much info in this thread from very helpful members here on how to resolve it if anyone else ever has the same issue.

• Moderators

If you can't find it by looking for Chrome files/folders on the hard disk (which Google annoyingly has install in a non-default hidden location), and if you can't find it in the registry I'd leave it as a ghost only CCleaner is seeing.

If you can't find it by looking for Chrome files/folders on the hard disk (which Google annoyingly has install in a non-default hidden location), and if you can't find it in the registry I'd leave it as a ghost only CCleaner is seeing.

I`ve raised the white flag on this.It`s just not worth the mental fatigue.A "ghost only CCleaner is seeing" it shall be.

At least all of my other software programs no longer detect it and that`s good.

I`m amazed my operating system is still fully functional after deleting dozens of leftover reg keys associated with google chrome.

What those dozens of leftover reg keys were really doing is beyond me.All I know is there is much more going on under the hood of that browser than what meets the eye.

Thanks for all the suggestions to eveyone to chimed in!

• Moderators

dozens of leftover reg keys associated with google chrome.

Other web browsers leave stuff behind too, so it isn't just Chrome. What's annoying is when they leave themselves registered as the default system browser, usually running IE and having it re-associate itself as the default before attempting to install a different browser (such as Firefox, etc.,) will flush them out of the registry in that situation.

• 2 months later...

After uninstalling Google Chrome, I found that it was still listed in CCleaner apps. I went all through the registry and removed every reference to Google and Chrome but still it persisted.

I then carried out a search on the Internet and found a very effective and simple technique that worked for me (Win 8.1 Pro):

Just press the Win key + R to open the Run menu.

Type: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google

Press Enter

Delete the Chrome folder.

Reboot the computer and you should find Google Chrome has gone from the list.

• 1 year later...

i used to have the same problem with you i found it after 2 year :D :D :D :D :D

1) GO TO LOCAL DISK C.  2) USER. 3) NAME XXXX. 4) AppData. 5) Local

6) search a file by the name Chromium & delete them... thats it after that

doesn't appear on ccleaner!!!

• Moderators

you could also run CC with the /EXPORT command line switch.

you can then search the created .ini file to find all the locations that trigger CC into thinking Chrome is still installed.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.