How to get rid of Google Chrome in Cleaner list.

pompste

Hi,

Recently uninstalled Chrome in Windows 7 thru windows uninstall process,but all chrome cleaning options are still in Cleaner list.

I even went into REGEDIT and found 4 related chrome entries there and deleted them,and it`s still on ccleaner list.

It`s apparent Google chrome spreads it`s tentacles real deep on any operating system it`s installed on and getting rid of "all" of it`s tentacles is difficult.

I know this is "not" a ccleaner bug since it`s just picking up some leftover chrome entries.

Anyone here have any way of getting rid of all chrome leftover entries so chrome won`t show up on ccleaner list?

Thanks for any help.

I have the same issue, afaik I have never deliberately installed any google stuff here. 

Am looking into it right now. 

edit: 

I have 2 scheduled tasks for google,

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job

and

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job

Found and deleted them using

CCleaner, tools, startup, scheduled tasks, right click, delete

but google chrome still shows up in the CCleaner Applications tab

Deleted a google folder from:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Google

edit 2: 

I also went thru the registry and deleted most of the registry entries for "google" and "chrome".

But this is dangerous, I know that some of them must be left alone, as they are associated with "Zonemap"  and a couple of softwares that have nothing to do with the google chrome application. 

CCleaner still showed Google Chrome in the Applications tab, but it went away after uninstalling and reinstalling CCleaner. 

So I suppose the final step is to uninstall and reinstall CCleaner. 

It worked here, on win xp, using CCleaner free.

Post up how it goes, OK?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I went into my user profile folder and nothing Google or chrome related there.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled Ccleaner and Google chrome is still listed in the applications tab with all it`s cleaning options.

Any other suggestions in getting rid of all Google`s leftover stuff?

I'm pretty much stumped.  :wacko:

I've installed 3 free versions and 1 pro version then updated the pro. 

Google is gone from the applications tab in all of them. 

I know you said it, but are you sure there are no lingering registry entries for google or chrome? 

Fwiw, most members here know more than I do about CCleaner, maybe one of them will ring in. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

In the past, not for Chrome but for other 'left-overs' I have had success in using Revo Uninstaller to hunt down traces.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

In the past, not for Chrome but for other 'left-overs' I have had success in using Revo Uninstaller to hunt down traces.

I have revo uninstaller.

Since I uninstalled chrome using windows uninstaller, chrome is no longer listed on it`s list so I can`t use Revo it to uninstall it.

• Moderators

Ah that's OK, a simple solution on that one.

In Revo, click on Forced Uninstall, skip the first field, in the "Programs exact name" field type in Chrome and hit Next.

A plethora of crap should come up.

Ah that's OK, a simple solution on that one.

In Revo, click on Forced Uninstall, skip the first field, in the "Programs exact name" field type in Chrome and hit Next.

A plethora of crap should come up.

I have the free Revo version and it does "not" have forced uninstall option------apparently it`s in paid version only.

Spent 90 minutes last night trying to rid my system of leftover Google Chrome junk--and no luck.

I even installed a much more aggressive registry cleaner and it found a bunch of reg keys associated with google chrome.Deleted all of them and google chrome still shows on ccleaner app list.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled ccleaner 3 times, rebooted 3 times, each time after deleting google chrome reg keys and it`s hard to believe after all that ccleaner is still detecting chrome leftovers.

I`ve been computing for over 15 years now and this getting rid of chrome stuff is by far the most difficult I`ve ever dealt with.

At this point I`ve just gone into "ccleaner--tools--startup"-- and disabled everything listed under google chrome.

I made sure no google stuff is running in MSCONFIG also.

I really don`t what more I could do.

• Moderators

Yeah, sorry, my Revo is the Pro version.

What about if you install Chrome then use Revo to remove it?

I wonder if Revo Pro offers a trial period?

That`s ok.

Honestly, I don`t want to be reinstalling Chrome again and have it reinstall everything I `ve been trying to rid of in the first place.

When I had Chrome installed I actually used Revo first to try to uninstall it,but Revo froze up half way thru uninstall so I had to use Windows uninstaller.

I`ve never seen a browser that so deeply imbeds itself in an operating system the way Google Chrome does.

The more aggressive reg cleaner I used found 68 leftover google remnants and I deleted them all.

• Moderators

Try NirSoft RegScanner (freeware), it will display a list of all things Google or Chrome in the registry allowing you to double-click them and then manually delete them via RegEdit. Try to limit yourself to only removing Chrome references because there are some Google registry data that has nothing to do with Chrome that's build into Windows.

Note that some antivirus' may give a false positive against Nirsoft RegScanner.

Try NirSoft RegScanner (freeware), it will display a list of all things Google or Chrome in the registry allowing you to double-click them and then manually delete them via RegEdit. Try to limit yourself to only removing Chrome references because there are some Google registry data that has nothing to do with Chrome that's build into Windows.

Note that some antivirus' may give a false positive against Nirsoft RegScanner.

Yes--I noticed while using the more aggressive reg cleaner that there are many "chrome" entries not related to google---they were windows related and I left those alone.

I installed a free trial period of Revo Pro today and used the "forced uninstall" function to find leftover Google Chrome stuff.

It found "nothing"---no leftovers at all yet Ccleaner still has google chrome listed in the apps list.

Going back to that list of steps in post #3, since it worked here:  

Did you check for scheduled tasks and delete them?  
I just now reconfirmed that when CCleaner deletes a scheduled task, it disappears from the list shown by control panel.  

Did you search C: drive for files or folders containing the text Google and Chrome?
- here, found one folder named google, it was empty, deleted it.
- here, found several files with google in them, none were actually for google chrome, left them.  
- here, found were several files & folders with "chrome" in them, but none were actually for google chrome, left them.

Don't know your OS, but on this win xp computer the google folder was located at:  
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Google

Did you make sure there are no leftover google or chrome entries in the registry?
This is my chief suspect for this issue, registry leftovers.   

After all that, uninstall & reinstall CCleaner.  
It was not necessary to restart here, might be necessary there.  

That's all I can think of. 

I went into ccleaner--tools--startup and under google chrome there are still 10 listings that ccleaner does "not" give option to delete.Only options are enable and disable so I disabled them all.

As far as I know my windows 7 system is clear of the leftover reg entries---ran several more aggressive reg cleaner scans and even Revo Pro forced uninstall comes up clean.

Getting tired of uninstalling and reinstalling ccleaner several times since I have to reset my preferences everytime.

I also appreciate everyone elses suggestions on this issue so far.

"I`ve had to step away from this problem for a day or two to clear my mind, that and I`m getting tired of dealing with this."

Don't blame you a bit.  It should not be so difficult. 

Aha: We have a new suspect.

"I went into ccleaner--tools--startup and under google chrome there are still 10 listings that ccleaner does "not" give option to delete". 

Startup tasks can be deleted using the control panel in win xp.  I don't know how to do it in win 7, but for sure someone on this forum does.

By the time you decide to take another run at it, someone will probably have chimed in. 

I'll follow with interest, but don't know what else to suggest. 

Hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those head-slappers, "Why didn't I think of that" type deal. 

• Moderators

Getting tired of uninstalling and reinstalling ccleaner several times since I have to reset my preferences everytime.

on this front at least there may be a suggestion...

Options, Advanced, Save all settings to INI file

this saves all your settings to an .INI file, that way you can uninstall/reinstall/upgrade all you want and not worry about your preferences.

mind you, they would have been saved into the Registry anyway but maybe with all your reg cleaning they got wiped.

I went into ccleaner--tools--startup and under google chrome there are still 10 listings that ccleaner does "not" give option to delete.Only options are enable and disable so I disabled them all.As far as I know my windows 7 system is clear of the leftover reg entries---ran several more aggressive reg cleaner scans and even Revo Pro forced uninstall comes up clean.Getting tired of uninstalling and reinstalling ccleaner several times since I have to reset my preferences everytime.I also appreciate everyone elses suggestions on this issue so far.
did you tried login123's suggestion on searching for chrome's folder?i only seen you post on using reg cleaner, not searching toolmight help because ccleaner still detect addon being enableyou can try "Everything" (software link remove - nergal)

Did you search C: drive for files or folders containing the text Google and Chrome?- here, found one folder named google, it was empty, deleted it.- here, found several files with google in them, none were actually for google chrome, left them. - here, found were several files & folders with "chrome" in them, but none were actually for google chrome, left them.