Speed up you IE

Krak

Ok i use IE for not a long time but i like it and when it's setted up it's pretty good! But it's too slow! How to speed up it? Folow these steps!

=======================================================================

[note] before start (for any case) back up you registry! (open Start=> Run=> regedit=> right click to My Computer=> Export and save it somewhere)

=====================================================================

HKEY_CURRENT_USER=> Software=> Microsoft=> Windows=> CurrentVersion=> Internet Settings and found (or make DWORD if there is not one already):

MaxConnectionsPerServer

MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server

set the value to6

--------------------

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE=> Software=> Microsoft=> Windows=> Current Version=> Explorer=> RemoteComputer=> NameSpace

There is two reg keys! Delete this one:

[D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0O60F5BF]

-------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider]

"DnsPriority"=dword:00000001

"HostsPriority"=dword:00000001

"LocalPriority"=dword:00000001

"NetbtPriority"=dword:00000001

save this text in notepad with ".reg" extension! And merge it ;)

----------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"ForwardBufferMemory"=dword:00024a00

"NumForwardPackets"=dword:0000024a

"MaxForwardBufferMemory"=dword:00024a00

"MaxNumForwardPackets"=dword:0000024a

save this text in notepad with ".reg" extension! And merge it (again) :)

------

Control Panel=> System=> Hardware=> Device Manager=> [modem and modem model]=> Double klik on default modem=> Modem=> Maximum port Speed (put on max)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is 100% safe settings and you should see some speed up in IE (@my IE this speed is very vissible!) ;)

[note] i'm sorry if there is any translation errors (i translate this explainations from Serbian to english! And i'm not good @ English :()

yes as i told the diference is far visible! Just people hate IE so they dont wana explore for tweaks and speed up's! Now i'm searching for some new tweaks and when i collect them enough (about 10 (security, internet settings and so on) tweaks) i'm gona leave them here ;)

IMHO, Internet Explorer dont need to speed up, because it is already fast.

You should try out Mozilla Firefox though! ;)

* http://www.GetFirefox.com

i don't like it because it loads slow and it doesnt have a lot of useful built in features like Opera does.

edit:this is useful for me because the only browser that my dad uses is IE because he doesnt like Firefox, Opera, or anything else. also since i have Spybot which i've Immunized, SpywareBlaster, and Sygate, im good.

• Moderators

i don't like it because it loads slow and it doesnt have a lot of useful built in features like Opera does.

Same here. I've been using Opera for so long and I'm so used to its features that any other browser I use seems lacking in features and usability.

tell me about it... FF i have all the time (for flash sites) and i know how slow is first launch... Tooooooooooo long

...also since i have Spybot which i've Immunized, SpywareBlaster...

Instead of this use Enhanced HOSTS file and IE Spyad... Much more practic and you can add your own sites ;)

@ALL

please do not post: "IE is *hit"; "Ie is stupid"; "use <some other browser> instead of IE and so on...

We all know that there is so much browsers (downlaod BrowserBob and make your own IE shell) but this is our choice (stupid or not)...

I think that Firefox has many features, and if you miss any, you can always extend its functionality by downloading extensions.

* https://addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

There is endless amount of extensions and possibilities with Firefox.

--

Firefox may load slower, but if you visit a website that features ladies without clothes then you definitly should use Firefox, else you never know what you get creeping into your computer.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• 2 weeks later...

it's the user's fault for going to a website like that. also the more extensions you have, the slower firefox loads. i had about 10 of em once and when i started it, it loaded for about 4 or 5 seconds. without extensions, it's kinda slower.

Comments here about IE being slow don't make sense to me. And, I haven't tweaked my IE. And, it's not slow.

Last summer, I installed a new hard drive in my nephew's computer. I did fresh installation of Windows, MS Office, etc. I installed Firefox, just in case he wanted to use it. I found no significant difference speed between the two browsers. Neither took more than about 2 seconds for initial launch, as I recall.

Comments here about IE being slow don't make sense to me. And, I haven't tweaked my IE. And, it's not slow.

"Slow" and "fast" are totally relative. What is fast to you may be slow to me, and visa versa. This tweak isn't supposed to make IE "fast", just "faster" than before. It still won't be instantaneous.

I consider FF to be the fastest, because I can load it down with themes, extensions, and opened tabs, and it still runs just dandy. I guess the only way to see which is better (IE or FF) will be to pit them against each other when IE7 is stable. But even then, IE isn't as skinable, extensionable, and all-around customizable as FF, so it still won't be a fair match. Firefox wins hands down. Nuff said. :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!