Page file indicated for most of the disk - why? How to rid?

muymalestado

disable the indexing if you dont need it

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Hoping this would move the thing forward a bit; it seems a search through the CBS.log for "cannot repair" should identify specific files which sfc /scannow cannot fix - that may be wrong.  Four files in the 13,411 rows of the CBS.log were identified:

fdeploy.dll
fde.dll
gpedit.dll
gptext.dll

So now where to find a same-version copy to replace my copies of these files?  My wife has a same-version laptop but will these files be OK?  After 2 years of use and updates?

Current state as attached image.

Is there any way forward?

Thanks

Phil

post-41744-0-53581600-1424809846_thumb.png

have you manual delete the pagefile.sys? sometimes it still on harddisk...

delete unnecessary system restore points?

perhaps helps the windows-defragmentation?

Thanks - Previously I did the NO PAGEFILE thing, re-booted, there was none.  Then reset it to System Managed, which today is 6582MB. Hiberfil was set off then a defrag and then set on.

So now where to find a same-version copy to replace my copies of these files?  My wife has a same-version laptop but will these files be OK?  After 2 years of use and updates?

i think, you should it try-but save your 5 files on an usb drive or so...

besides, it does not mean that your have 5 defective files!

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Current state as attached image.

Is there any way forward?

ok-the pagefile is smaller :-) but what are these many red colored files? can you show this window? sorted according with the largest files at first?

Thanks - There were five files in the Watchdog folder in there.  The largest file was 675mb.  Did not delete though some files were years old.

this large files can you delete-if you have any kind of this great files in this folder -delete too

OK - Indexing is on, but who is to say one does not need it?  Is it just a matter of waiting time if indexing is off?

nobody, I personally have never used the indexing, but if you deactivate the indexing, the normal "search" still works :-) you can save harddiskspace and relieve your cpu

perhaps it is not so important...

Thanks - Previously I did the NO PAGEFILE thing, re-booted, there was none.  Then reset it to System Managed, which today is 6582MB. Hiberfil was set off then a defrag and then set on.

this pagefile is ok.

your free diskspace is going down from time to time...

have you all unnecessary progs deinstalled?

Hiberfil was set off then a defrag and then set on.

can you tell us, was the size of this file on your pc?