CCleaner Crashes

hotvoltage

I think it was a corrupted registry. Yea the system restore was blank. Thanks for offering to help but I'm afraid I couldn't have done a manual restore cause I don't have the original copy of windows xp. My laptop was shipped with recovery disks instead I'll never buy a pc without the original windows disk, too many disadvantages. <_<

Is there an i386 folder on your hard drive somewhere?

Start > Run

C:\path-to-i386-folder\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

That should allow you to install recovery console as a boot-time option, so that you can hardcore manual repairs (with guidance from a tech, like me) without needing an install CD :)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Is there an i386 folder on your hard drive somewhere?

Start > Run

C:\path-to-i386-folder\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

That should allow you to install recovery console as a boot-time option, so that you can hardcore manual repairs (with guidance from a tech, like me) without needing an install CD :)

I'm afraid I don't have it I even opened up the hidden files and still nothing. Even though everything is good now I would like to be able to repair the registry if I ever had to do it again.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You need, and should have i386 on your computer. I have these...

C:\winxp\i386

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386

C:\WINDOWS\Help\iis Help\common\i386

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• 1 year later...

Actually, after looking at everything the programme does, it unregisters DLLs, then changes the registry, and then reregisters the DLLs. Were you to have a hardware failure while the DLLs are unregistered, you'd be lucky if the WINDOWS even boots up, because some of those DLLs are essential to WINDOWS. So yeah, the programme didn't actually mess up your hard drive, it just made it very vulnerable while it was fixing it, and you just so happened to have a crash in the meanwhile.