"New version available"

duchess

• Moderators

The link at the bottom of ccleaner is there whether there is an update or not. Updates occur (usually) at the end of one month/beginning of a new month.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

No that was the priform website.  I clicked the little link at the bottom of the app to see if there were any updates avaiable.  When I got to the website that's what it said.  The screenshot is from the piriform website.

• Moderators

Yes that link is always there, all the

Site is telling you is the version. It may be that you are blocking the JavaScript that reads the version you currently are running (thus the new version message for the same version you have).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Ok i think we are getting our wires crossed here.  Ok, when I open the program in Windows, the link at the lower right of the program under the "scan" button.  I do this about once a week just to see if I have any updates available. I click that.  Usually it will tell me "You have the latest version" so I know it's not just blocking Java or whatever..  However this time it said there was a new version available. It says the new version is the same version I already have installed.  

I hope I explained my issue better now.

Ok i think we are getting our wires crossed here.  Ok, when I open the program in Windows, the link at the lower right of the program under the "scan" button.  I do this about once a week just to see if I have any updates available. I click that.  Usually it will tell me "You have the latest version" so I know it's not just blocking Java or whatever..  However this time it said there was a new version available. It says the new version is the same version I already have installed.  

I hope I explained my issue better now.

You're right there is an issue.