Windows Defender removed

tnt

I have a 64 bit OS. When I run the " problems" section in Ccleaner my windows defender is removed. :angry:

How come?

Hi tnt,

When you run the "Issues Scan" uncheck anything related to Windows Defender.

I'm not sure that CCleaner works on a 64-bit OS. I'm waiting for a reply about that. For now just uncheck Windows Defender.

I'll let you know what I find out. :)

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Sorry krit86lr are you using a different version to 1.27.260 because I don't see anything related to Windows Defender in the Issues section :huh:

Sorry krit86lr are you using a different version to 1.27.260 because I don't see anything related to Windows Defender in the Issues section :huh:

No I'm using the same version. My "Issues Scan" doesn't detect anything relating to WD, but tnt is saying that it does on his/her computer.

I'm assuming that when tnt said the "problems" section of CCleaner, that he/she is referring to "issues".

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

No I'm using the same version. My "Issues Scan" doesn't detect anything relating to WD, but tnt is saying that it does on his/her computer.

I'm assuming that when tnt said the "problems" section of CCleaner, that he/she is referring to "issues".

"Issues" doesn't list individual apps (such as WinDefender) in the way that the Applications tab under Cleaner does, because the Issues scan doesn't look for issues specific to particular applications. It looks for registry issues in all applications, assuming you have the corresponding boxes checked, such as Applications, Obsolete Software, etc. In this way, CCleaner can clean registry entries made by programs that aren't even supported by the file cleaning feature.

As far as tnt's problem goes, 64-bit support has never been listed in Version History as a feature, so I'm assuming that CCleaner does not work properly on 64-bit OS's. If I was you, I would at least avoid using the Issues scan, as I'm sure WinXP x64 has a very different registry structure from that of its 32-bit brethren. CCleaner does support WinVista, but apparently only the 32-bit versions.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

"Issues" doesn't list individual apps (such as WinDefender) in the way that the Applications tab under Cleaner does, because the Issues scan doesn't look for issues specific to particular applications. It looks for registry issues in all applications, assuming you have the corresponding boxes checked, such as Applications, Obsolete Software, etc. In this way, CCleaner can clean registry entries made by programs that aren't even supported by the file cleaning feature.

Right, but you can right click an Issue and choose "open in regedit" then you will see which application that key is related to. I don't know why CCleaner would delete a program from the registry, which is why I wondered if the 64-bit OS had something to do with it. PM'd MrG, but didn't get a response (Eldammen is going to have a field day with that...haha).

As far as tnt's problem goes, 64-bit support has never been listed in Version History as a feature, so I'm assuming that CCleaner does not work properly on 64-bit OS's.

That was my guess, but couldn't get a confirmation on that.

Thanks for clearing that up! ;)

K

I see you are busy with it. (I did by mistake not enable notification by e-mail, so assumed no replies were send)

For now I will use the cleaner only and leave alone the register clean.

Sure hope you will be able to figure it out as I love Ccleaner.

Bye

I see you are busy with it. (I did by mistake not enable notification by e-mail, so assumed no replies were send)

For now I will use the cleaner only and leave alone the register clean.

Sure hope you will be able to figure it out as I love Ccleaner.

Bye

You'll have to wait until MrG makes CCleaner compatible with x64 OS's. ;)

I found a topic where my problem has been discussed:

ccleaner

I also noticed that several of my, apart from MS defender, shortcuts as mentioned in the topic have been deleted.

Like defrag, system restore, remote desktop etc.

How can I restore these shortcuts. Does anyone know?